002. school dramas

chapter twojasmine pov

chapter two
jasmine pov

Jasmine and Sidney walked side by side up to the school, several reporters stood at different cameras giving different news reports. Gale Weathers stood at her own camera as she gave her own report. "The small town of Woodsboro, California was devastated last night when two young teenagers were found brutally murdered.
Authorities have yet to issue a statement but our sources tell us that no arrest has been made and the murderer could strike again."

"Do you believe this shit?" Tatum asked from behind the girls, causing them both to jump.

"Tatum, what is going on?" Sidney asked her.

"You don't know?" Tatum said in surprise.
"Casey Becker and Steve Orth were killed last
night."

"What? No way." Sidney said, causing Jasmine to raise a brow at her cousin. "Wait, Jassy, didn't you stay over at her house?"

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded in confirmation, Sidney and Tatum's eyes widening. "Holy shit." Tatum said, "Are you okay?"

Jasmine nodded reassuringly and sent her friend a small smile, one that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Yeah, we're not just talking killer; we're talking splatter-movie killed ripped open from end to end." Tatum told them, causing Jasmine to sigh quietly

"Casey Becker, she sits next to me in English." Sidney said.

"Not anymore, It's so sad, her mom and dad, they found her hanging from a tree, her insides on the outside." Tatum said, gesturing towards her abdomen as she spoke.

"Oh, my god!" Sidney said, rubbing the back of her neck. "Do they know who did it?"

"Fucking clueless." Tatum shrugged slightly,
"They're interrogating the entire school.
Teachers, students, janitors."

"Wait, they think it's school-related?" Jasmine asked in acting surprise, knowing that piece of information.

"They don't know." Tatum responded, "Dewey was saying this is the worst crime they've seen in years, even worse than" Tatum stopped herself before she could talk about Sydney mother murder, knowing how much it had affected both girls. "Well, it's bad."
── ✩ ── ✩ ──── ✩ ──── ✩ ──
lunch

The whole group was now scattered across the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. Sidney and Tatum were sitting on the fountain in their boyfriends laps.

"What kind of questions did they ask you,
Sidney?"Tatum questioned her friend curiously.

"They asked if I knew Casey." Sidney replied.