004. aftermath

chapter fourJasmine pov

chapter four
Jasmine pov

"Sidney Prescott and her cousin Jasmine roberts, who escaped a vicious attack last night, are the daughter and niece of Maureen Prescott, who was brutally killed last year, when convicted murderer Cotton Weary broke into their home, and savagely raped and tortured the deceased.

Cotton Weary is currently awaiting appeal for the death sentence, handed down after the young Sidney testified against him, she was the key witness in the state's case against the" the reporter was cut off when Dewey shut off the tv and Tatum rubbed Sidney's arm supportively and Jasmine held her cousin's hand.

"It's never gonna stop, is it?" Sidney asked sadly.

Dewey sat down in front of the two and appeared to be hesitant before speaking. "Billy was released, his cellular bill was clean, he didn't make those calls., we're checkin' every cellular account in the county, any calls made to the two of you or Casey Becker are being cross-referenced, It's gonna take some time, but we'll find him."
── ✩ ── ✩ ──── ✩ ──── ✩ ──
the school

Dewey's cop car stopped outside of school and the four exited it. "Don't worry, girls, it's school, you'll be safe here." Dewey attempted to reassure.

A reporter ran up to them and questioned bluntly. "So how does it feel to be almost brutally butchered?"

"Hey, leave them alone." Dewey said, pushing the reporter away. "People wanna know. They have a right to know.

The girls began walking up to the school, when Veronica saw someone and stopped both girls Jasmine walking further. "What?" Tatum asked.

"Just a sec." Jasmine responded, walking over to the news van where Gale was sitting.

"Stop right there." Gale said, holding up her finger.

"I'm not here to fight." Jasmine held her hands up, "I just need to talk."

"Kenny, camera, now." Gale said, standing up from her spot in the van.

"Off the record, no cameras." Jasmine told her,"Forget it." Gale denied.

"Please." Jasmine begged. "You owe me."
"I owe you shit." Gale told her.

"You owe my mother." Sydney said back, getting unintentionally frustrated.

Gale turned her head towards Kenny and gestured for him to put away the camera. "your mother's murder was last years hottest court case, somebody was gonna write a book about it"