006. you look like you've seen a ghost

chapter sixJasmine pov

chapter six
Jasmine pov

Jasmine put her jacket back on over her dress as Stu dressed himself on the bed behind her.
"You alright?" Stu asked making her smile

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded "yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" Stu asked, standing up from the bed to wrap his arms around the girl. "Mm." She nodded, leaning forward to peck his lips gently.

"Alrighty." Stu walked over and opened the door, holding his hand out for the girl to take.
"Shall we return to the party, my lady?"

"We shall." Jasmine giggled, taking the boys hand as he spun her around and out of the room, only for the two to come face to face with Billy who was staring at them with raised brows.

"Billy." Jasmine said in surprise. "Hi."
"Hi." Billy responded with a small yet tense smile as his eyes continued to glance down at the arm Stu had wrapped around her.

"I'll give you two a minute to talk." Stu said after a moment of silence, leaning down to place an opened mouth kiss on Jasmine neck before turning and walking down the hallway to the stairs, presumably to make his way back to the living room where everyone was.

"So, what's up?" Jasmine asked after Billy just stared at her for a few moments instead of speaking, bouncing on her feet awkwardly.

"Just wanted to talk to you." Billy shrugged, stepping closer to the girl as she swallowed heavily.

"Can I ask you something without you getting upset with me?" Jasmine asked after a moment, causing Billy to nod. "Of course."

"Who did you call?" Veronica asked, causing his brows to furrow in confusion. "What?"

"When you're arrested you're allowed one phone call, who did you call?" Jasmine questioned, fiddling with the bottom of her dress.

"I called my dad." Billy responded after a short moment.

"'No, Sheriff Burke called your dad, I saw him." Jasmine said slowly, shaking her head slightly in confusion.

"Yeah, but when I called I didn't get an answer.' Billy responded, stepping closer to the girl. He grabbed the girls chin with his hand and titled her head up, forcing her to look him in the eyes.
"You don't still think it was me, do ya?"

"No, no I don't." Jasmine shook her head, before shrugging. "I just thought if it was you, calling me again at Tatum's house would be a good way to throw me off track."