005. clam before chaos

chapter five Jasmine pov

chapter five
Jasmine pov

"It was just some sick fuck having a laugh, Jasmine." Tatum said as she, Jasmine, and Sidney walked out of school.

"No, it was him, Tatum." Jasmine denied. "I know it."

"Well, you're not to pee alone anymore, right? If you pee, we pee. Is that clear?" Tatum asked, just as Stu came up behind them and began babbling his nonsense.

"Rizzo-kaskizzo is is-out." Stu said, handing all three girls flowers. "I don't know what you did, Jasmine, but on behalf of the entire student body, we all say, "Thank you!"

"Drop it, Stu." Tatum reached over and hit the boy on the arm with the flower he had given her.

"I say" Stu ran over and hoisted Jasmine up on his shoulder, causing her to squeal in surprise. "an impromptu party tonight, my house celebrate this little fiesta, what do you say?"

"Are you serious?" Sidney asked uneasily, as Tatum swung Jasmine's free hand in her own.

"As long as, this little vixen doesn't invite the entire world, we'll be fine." Stu sat Jasmine back down on the ground, leaning down so he could kiss her neck lightly. "Intimate gathering, intimate friends."

"What do you guys say?" Tatum asked, "I mean, pathos could have its perks."

"Totally protected, Yo, I am so buff, I got you covered, girls." Stu joked.

"Come on, you two, for me?" Tatum begged. "It could be fun."

"Okay." Jasmine agreed, Sidney nodding beside her. "Whatever."

"Yeah? nice." Stu grinned, "Cool, you guys bring food, all right?"
── ✩ ── ✩ ──── ✩ ──── ✩ ──
the house

"What if Cotton Weary is telling the truth?"
Tatum asked as the three girls sat on the porch.
"maybe he was having an affair with your mom again I mean, your dad was always out of town on business, maybe, maybe your mom was just a very unhappy woman."

"If they were having an affair, how come Cotton couldn't prove it in court?" Sidney asked them as Jasmine bit her bottom lip, Sidney still had a hard time excepting who her mom really was.

"Well, you can't prove a rumor, that's why it's a rumor." Tatum told her gently.

"Right, created by that little tabloid twit Gale Weathers." Sidney said.