Chapter 2. Risks&Rumors 🔥

It had been a couple days since my couch experience with Graves and it didn't pan out how I would want. Graves has been working me harder than ever before, clearly he has an evolving crush on me but doesn't want to admit it but that's ok it's not the first time I've done the first move.

"Commander, when's my clear?" I asked as I took cover by a doorframe, "go ahead y/ln but hurry they might come back around faster than expected." Quickly I went through the doorframe, going down a hall and entering a storage room. "Y/ln what's your position?" Graves panted through, "In position" I responded tightening the grip around my gun,
"Y/ln get the box on the middle table then get out of there!" I made my way to the table grabbing a box with the words.

"Confidential USA Government equipment"

Quickly I ran out of the room doing my best to keep myself quite, I started making my way to towards another hallway "fall back Y/n!!!" I had never heard Graves so loud on the comms. It was too late I turned right and was met with 3 enemy soldiers 'shit!' I screamed in my head ducking behind the corner. I set the box down and started shooting, "Back up is coming as we speak y/ln" I was fully convinced the enemies would've turned the corner and killed me right then and there, but they also took cover. I heard one guy fall with a loud thud, quickly I replaced my empty mag with a new one and began shooting once again.
I heard the soldiers yelling but I couldn't make it out, the bullets headed towards me decreased but the sound didn't, thud, another one was down, I prepared to take the other one down only to hear them hit the floor as well, soon Graves himself emerged with another Shadow. "Hand me the box and let's get the hell out of here!" Graves grabbed the box and the other shadow helped me up.

"Great work everyone, especially you y/n dealing with those soldiers the best you could." Graves lifted his beer into the air me and everyone else did shortly after "Shadows!" We were still at the task force 141 base, we weren't a bother, just a roommate and I quite enjoyed it here especially seeing Gaz. Price and the rest of the force had been gone since the day before on a mission but I didn't pay attention to it. I left the rec room, I didn't feel like celebrating.

I laid on my cot, a million thoughts racing through my head, the replaying moment of being so close to those soldiers and how they could've killed me with ease. Knock knock.
"Y/n you alright?" Graves entered the room, as I sat up he sat next to me, "you were absolutely fantastic out there today, we managed to do more than planned." Graves smiled, we studied each other's faces for a moment, "that's good, I'm glad" I smiled back at him looking back and forth at his eyes and lips with the hunger to kiss him. I took a deep breath and moved closer to him, "y/n is there something you want to tell me?" I felt his hand touch my knee, "what do you mean?" Clearly I was playing dumb, "well you whispered 'the feelings mutual' to me the other day and I want to discuss that with you." He let out a sigh, he opened his mouth to continue but before he could I kissed him. His warm lips met mine, he didn't push back, his hand went from my knee to my waist pulling me in closer to him.
"No no no" Graves stood up quickly, "I can not have a romantic relationship with you." I sat there my hands holding my knees, "Commander, you know you want to." I reminded him thinking about how moments ago we were kissing, "I can not risk my career for you, especially if someone finds out." His tone was hesitant, I stood up and locked the door. "There, no one with know," I smirked, Graves closed his eyes for a moment taking a deep breath, "y/ln are you aware that I could fire you for this," his eyes stared down at me. "You're not going to, I can tell" my fingers went from his peck slowing making their way to his shoulder.
"Y/n don't make me" His demanding and the way he stared at me, wouldn't stop me. His hand grabbed my hand from his shoulder, a sigh left his nostrils, "I'll stop if you want." I left my hand fall from his and land at my side, "oh y/n I'd rather you continue but I can't risk it" he looked away from me, his head staring at his bed. "The doors locked, Commander" I gently moved his head to stare at mine, he looked down at me. I stood slightly on my toes and kissed him, my hands held his face and head, his hands gripping my waist tightly. His hand slowly went from my waist to my ass, to my thigh, and eventually inner thigh. He caressed my thigh before he stopped kissing me, his eyes  drifted towards his bed, I sat on his bed. He immediately kissed me, his fists going into the mattress with force. Slowly I fell back as he leaned over me, his lips left mine panting quitely.

Bang bang "Graves are you in there?" I heard Caption Price ask

Quickly me and Graves stood up, I sat on my bed opening my laptop. Graves fixed his shirt before promptly opening the door, "Price." He nodded, "I need to know if you have the package, I know you had a mission today." Price sounded agitated yet again, whatever Graves owed him was important and most likely an emergency based on the constant demand for it. "I do, come in." Graves moved to the side letting Price in, Price glared at me, I got up and left the room.

"Yo Gaz!" I said seeing the back of Gaz walk down the hall. "What's up Bambi" Gaz turned around, "What does Price need from Graves so bad?" Gaz shrugged, "refuses to tell anyone, why? Do you know something?" Gaz asked making his way closer to me, "nope, just thought I would ask around." I laughed, Gaz smiled, "you hear the rumor?" He asked as we both started to walk down the hall, "what rumor?" I looked at Gaz, "Graves lost some missiles or something," I stopped walking, "there's no way." I looked back down the hallway, Gaz stopped and turned around, "I get he's your commander but don't you think he might've, has he been acting strange lately?" I thought about the box I had grabbed earlier, even though Gaz was a friend, I knew I couldn't tell him about today's mission. "Not that I'm aware of," I shrugged.
"Are you sure you two should be gossiping in the halls?" A thick British accent erupted behind me, I jumped slightly before turning around. "Lieutenant" I said before backing up slightly, he coughed before walking past is. "Is he always that intimidating?" I asked looking back at Gaz, "yeah he is, anyhow I'm gonna go hit the showers, talk to you later Bambi." Gaz gave me a quick hug, he definitely needed a shower. I turned around and headed back towards my room in hopes Price had left.