ONE .

THE  blooming hues of pink contrasted with the fair sky

THE  blooming hues of pink contrasted with the fair sky. the breeze was neither chilly enough to numb your limbs nor too humid to yearn for the comforting embrace of the salty water; it was just perfect. in this kind of season, a stroll around the night market or maybe a picnic in the park would be enjoyable.

for a certain high schooler, spring might be her favorite among the other three seasons.

hara yukime.

however, her name contradicts her well-loved season. as "hara" stands for meadow, while "yukime" means snow and dream. it was a beautiful name for a girl with medium sleek snow-white hair and piercing blue eyes. with her foreign attributes, she might be the sole epitome of winter.

"yuki, how are the club funds?" the student council president approached her with a stack of papers in his hands.

the said girl immediately took out the brown envelope from her desk drawer, which contained the official statement regarding the club funds for the first semester, before handing it to the president after he set the papers aside.

"the admin office already signed it," yukime said, pointing at the signature at the lower left corner of the paper. "and they've also given the cash funds as well," she continued.

the president merely nodded and smiled, tucking the paper back in the envelope. "as expected, yuki. would it be alright though if you were the one to distribute the funds today? ren-kun has something to take care of this afternoon."

yukime hummed in response, "sure, i can handle it!" her voice was so pure of joy and sincerity, paired with a warm smile, that one could mistake her for heaven's favorite.

later that day, yukime set off from her last class with fast strides, visiting the respective club rooms in every corner of the campus. each of the club officers received their requested funds that were safely packed in a small white envelope and also thanked the girl afterwards.