THREE .

FINALLY, the most anticipated day had already come

FINALLY, the most anticipated day had already come. for oikawa, nervousness was an overstatement. well, at least. in fact, he was awfully confident that his team would win even weeks before the day of interhigh preliminaries since they (he) had worked hard for this one, especially now that there would be a great chance that he'd face off with a skilled setter who used to be his kōhai back in middle school-the king of the court, kageyama tobio.

"aki-chan~ seems like your cheering team wants to cheer for us instead." oikawa teasingly grinned at the captain of the girls' team.

akiko sternly glared at him and said, "can you not? it's too early for your damn shits, shittykawa," she retorted, rolling her eyes and turning away as oikawa continued to bother her.

as the two captains bicker at the side with the rest, they only give the pair a brief glance before getting back to their discussion for today's event. the dispute between akiko and oikawa has been an usual thing ever since the first time they met back in their freshman year, so no one has ever bothered to shut them up.

and that no one is hara yukime.

"i swear to god," yukime mumbled under her breath, still keeping her smile up and trying to focus on what the president beside her was saying, but then she kept getting distracted by the bickering voices in the background.

"that would be all, mina-san. don't forget to rule the court." the president, yōta, gave them an encouraging smile. his little encouragement elicited loud roars from the volleyball players, but he immediately shushed them down since it was basically five in the morning.

each of them began filling up the respective school buses. both the boys and girls teams were separated, but all of them are headed to the same venue. aside from the fact that they are on different teams, none of them would last a minute in each other's presence before chaos would erupt. some rumors say that there's like an unwritten taboo between the volleyball boys' and girls' teams, and that is that they would never get along no matter what.