FOUR .

THE interhigh preliminaries ended in a blink of an eye, with both the boys' and girls' volleyball teams of seijoh managing to be in the final round but ending up as miyagi's runner-up

THE interhigh preliminaries ended in a blink of an eye, with both the boys' and girls' volleyball teams of seijoh managing to be in the final round but ending up as miyagi's runner-up. as the boys' team lost to shiratorizawa, one of the volleyball powerhouses in miyagi prefecture, while the girls' team lost another high school as well.

"they were too good. i might just retire." akiko sing-sang in a joking manner, but instead received a warning look from the younger pair beside her.

"akiko-san, don't say that..." ren frowned, leaning down to look at the ravenette and pushing his round glasses to the bridge of his nose. "you guys were great, like your spikes were 'boom!' 'pow!' and 'bam!' the entire time!"

akiko chuckled at his random imitation, ruffling his fluffy pink hair. "thanks, but what we did wasn't enough," she responded.

meanwhile, yukime, who had been listening to their conversation, sighed. "akiko-san, stop sounding like you're on the verge of death," she muttered, clearly having had enough of her theatrical statements.

akiko turned to her with a pout and held her arms, swinging yukime back and forth as if the latter were a mere leaf. "but i'm heartbroken, yuki~ my cross shot was blocked! that was my signature unbeatable move, yet they easily blocked it!"

"you just need to practice another style then," yukime nonchalantly stated, breaking akiko's heart even more as she whined louder this time, gaining unwanted attention from passersby, which embarrasses yukime.

"akiko-san, please stop."

"but yuki, i'm so hurt. i don't know what to do!"

"do you want something, akiko-san? i can bring the entire table of desert to you!"

"oh my, ren-ji. please do!"

"oh god, please no."

it was a chaotic scene among the trio, with the eldest being dramatic and the cause of chaos, the middle one with a neutral and fed-up energy, and the youngest that tolerates the eldest. the three of them could pass off the siblings check if it weren't for their distinct physical appearances.