Strength With Friends

Ahsoka was sleeping in the gunner seat of a Y-Wing bomber. She stirred with unease, whatever she was dreaming about wasn't pleasant. She began to wake up. She felt the ship lowering itself and touched down on a landing pad.

Over the comms, she heard Rex's voice, "Hey, we're here, we made it to Kaldara. You awake Commander?"

Ahsoka, unmotivated to get up, begrudgingly said, "Yes, Rex, I'm awake,"

They had landed on a frosty world. Coldly harsh, remote, but civilized, a good place to hide after faking their deaths. It was near the moon they had just come from, it took them only a few days to get here. Rex hopped out of the cockpit and breathed in the icy cold air. He had removed his armor and he donned a face mask to hide his familiar likeness. Ahsoka stumbled out of the gunner seat. Her grey cloak and lekku blew in the chilling wind. Ice crystals bombarded them, they stung but only a minor annoyance. Ahsoka crawled off the top of the Y-Wing, she didn't have enough strength to jump and land. Rex helped her down.

Rex noticed she was vulnerable, "Are you ok?"

"Yes. Just a headache is all,"

Ahsoka searched her mind for what to say, almost confused, "I feel weak, the dark side is clouding everything. I can feel it, it's almost like, suffocating,"

"Well, now we can finally get some real rest. I'm sure we'll find a place to stay here, but first we have to unload what we need from the ship,"

Rex walked to the back of the ship and started unloading crates. Ahsoka felt a sense of dread sweep her off her feet. She looked up at the sky leaning on the ship.

"Come on, help me get this crate, and then we can find a place for you to rest," Rex called.

Ahsoka watched the swirling clouds in the sky. She walked over to Rex, dragging her feet. She started pushing the levitating cargo tote following Rex who was pushing two and carrying a smaller one. She smiled seeing Rex being a good soldier, a friend. They walked into the city. The outer walls were made of huge, thick walls of cobblestone. It looked very weathered and aged. The buildings were made of solid stone themselves. Moss and grass grew atop the metal roofs. Icicles hung from the building. They were varied in size, a mostly small one or two stories. A few rare instances of three and beyond. Run down speeder zoomed by. Rex saw a taxi cab and he flagged it down. The speeder pulled over to them.

The driver asked, "Where to?"

Rex replied, "The nearest inn."

"You got it. Load up your stuff in the back."

A trunk popped open. Rex had loaded up the totes into a local speeder taxi that brought them to a local hotel. Ahsoka used what little credits she kept with her to get them a place to stay.

Ahsoka got to the room and sat down on the bed. Rex came in and set their stuff down, "This should be all we need from the ship, if we need anything else, let me know," Rex opened a tote, revealing his backpack and armor. He grabbed his sleeping mat off of the pack and unrolled it on the floor.

"Thank you," Ahsoka spoke with sincere gratitude.

"No problem commander," Rex said light-heartedly.

Ahsoka smiled back," Enough of that Rex, it's over,"

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's gonna be hard not to call you that anymore. It's part of who I am."

"I know Rex, I know," Ahsoka mumbled, yawning and beginning to pass out. Her head hit the pillow and she was out. Rex saw that she didn't even cover up. He walked over to her and slipped the thin sheet over her.

"Sleep, tight kid."