twenty one

Waking up with a bright orange hue coming from my windows as it hit me straight in the face and body. I groaned quietly as I rolled over onto my other side and made eye contact with Karl's own eyes. I saw his body gently flinch but relaxed before he leaned over to give me a kiss.

I held my hand up fast and joked, "Morning breath!"

He grasped my hand and gently pushed it away before leaning over to gently kiss me and I couldn't resist kissing him back. I caressed his shoulders softly as we pulled away and both smiled at each other.

We both giggled before deciding that it was finally time to continue our day. I got up and took a fresh shower as Karl waited outside the bathroom,  he himself got his stuff from the room and tidied it up for me.

I got ready in my outfit which was just sweats and a large sweater with gold rings just to play with if I would need to. I glanced over the clock in my room and decided to pull my phone out and give my brother a call. I took in a big breath before pressing the call button.

"Hey, are you at the house already?"

"Hey, Jenni! Yeah, we're getting all the rooms clean and warm and cozy...I'm really happy that we're finally getting the chance to move out Jen. I know Dad would be a little proud of us, I know what he did was horrible but we both know why he did it, right?"

I nodded to myself as tears blinked in my eyes. I noticed that I was on the phone so I whispered a small yes in agreement.

I sniffed a little, aggressively wiped the invisible residue under my nose, and puffed quietly. I tried to calm my breathing down as I looked towards the ground while my thumbs held the phone tightly.

I sensed Karl's eyes staring at me in worry but I chose to ignore it. The pool of water was already forming in my eyes once again as I tried to blink them away.

"I'll be coming soon, Karl is with me and he's helping me clean up and gather the rest of my stuff. Love you, see you soon."

Karl's face lit up with the mention of his name and I chuckled lightly and waved my arm off at him jokingly.

"Take care Jen, and hey, don't let her push you. This is for you and your health, take it. Also, tell Karl I said hi!"

He ended with that before I could say anything else and the phone went silent. I groaned in response before biting my lip and dropping the phone onto my bed. I tousled my hair in mild frustration and looked over at my room. What was left was basically the sheets of my bed and the random small things lying around 'my' room.

I sighed cheerily before signaling Karl to get up and get ready to head out. I left him to leave first as I sadly walked slowly out of the room and dragged the door behind me, taking one last look in my old room and the memories make it unbearable but comforting.

The number of times I have cried, watched movies, stayed up listening to heartbreaking songs, and done other teenage girl stuff. Remembering the first time I read Twilight in this very room and binged watched all the movies, remembering finding out my favorite band and spending a whole night listening to all of the albums they had out. All the little things allowed me to grow as a person and allowed me to be more of myself without being ashamed.

This room showed me more of myself than I ever would've thought, without this room, I wouldn't be able to stream and find my real passion through all of these years of thinking of nothing about life.

With one last look, I slowly shut the door behind me before looking ahead and making eye contact with my mother as her face was in a mixture of confusion, anger, and shock.

Karl took a look at me and stood beside me as he carried my luggage and tried to smile at my mother who avoided his stare and continued to glare at me. I awkwardly scratched my neck and stepped closer to her.