[chapter 4]

Again naomi was walking on the streets of Tokyo this time she was alone, she left her friends behind.
It was a really long walk but she had everything she needed her backpack, with knifes, water, gum, some make up, etc...the only thing she didn't have in her bag yet, were extra clothes.

A bright light shone in Naomi's eyes while she was walking.

Game arena this way ➡

'Shinagawa aquarium'
She read.
Naomi walked inside the building,
She walked up the stairs that lead her up to the 2nd floor.
There were already 2 people standing there.
The brunette walked towards the table and grabbed a phone.
'Seriously waterproof phone cases. Again? I don't wanna swim again'
With a deep sigh she leaned against a wall.
The first girl naomi looked at wasn't Japanese she looked American the girl had blonde wavy hair, that was cut in layers, she had a black top on with white pants, that were already stained with blood and other filth.
The other person was a man he was tall and had a buzz cut, he had swimming trunks on with a black hoodie, once again naomi noticed the bracelet on his wrist.

A while later a group of three people walked in 2 boys and one girl it seemed like they knew each other well.
Naomi watched them as the trio each grabbed a phone, in the corner of her eye she saw two more people walking through the lasers, And she recognized one of them.
It was the blonde guy from the game of tag, but this time he wasn't alone.
There was a tall brunette by his side, she had a blue bikini top on, and she was wearing flared jeans with flipflops.
They both leaned against the wall naomi and chishiya both stared at each other.
"Stop staring at her, she'll think ur a creep." Kuina whispered to chishiya.
"What do you think of her?"
"You know her?"
"I played a game with her before."

There are a total of 8 participants please wait for the game to commence.
5 minutes untill registration closes.

The robotic voice made naomi look away from the blonde, she reached into her bag and putted a piece of gum in her mouth like she always does before she plays a game.
When 3 minutes had passed, two people walked past the lasers and grabbed the last two phones from the table.

Registration closed. The game will now commence.

Game: aquarium.
3 people stand behind the tablet in front of the glass of the aquarium and the other 7 go in.
there are 10 sequences hidden in the tank, they can hang on a fish or be hidden in a cave.

Clear condition:
enter the codes correctly within the time limit, otherwise it's game over.

Time limit: 30 minutes.
Difficulty: 8 of spades. ♤

Chishiya and kuina walked over to the tablet and stood there waiting for the 3th person to stand by their side.
The tall man with the buzz cut joined them.

10 minutes for the game to begin.
Please put on a bathing suit.

After the 10 minutes the 7 other participants stood on top of the aquarium, and when the timer reached 0 they all jumped in.
Naomi was swimming when she saw a puffer fish, and around the fish was a tag, a tag with the sequence written on it she simmed towards the fish and quickly snatched the tag.
She surfaced and began to say the code aloud.
"Spades, Diamond, heart, diamond, spades!" She dived back under and continued searching for the other codes.
Ten minutes have passed and the group found 4 codes.
2 people have died, someone died because a puffer fish stung him, he didn't leave in time.
and the other because a shark ate him.
Sharks only kill when they feel threatened, so that man must have done something wrong.

Naomi didn't feel sorry for them, she didn't know them and they weren't important people to her either,
if there's one thing she's learned in the borderlands, it's not to get too attached to other people.
Because the moment you are close to someone, it makes you weak and too vulnerable.
And also, making new friends here is not necessary because they can die at any moment.
All naomi could hope for was that her friends from the real world survived when she saw them again.
Shibuki... she wasn't a real friend, Naomi needed someone she could sacrifice sooner or later anyway.
and besides naomi didn't even know her that well, so if she died she wouldn't care.
And then she met usagi in the game of tag. She looked like a nice girl really. But being friends with usagi in this cruel world, wasn't on her bucket list, just yet.

"What do you think of her?"
"She seems, interesting." Kuina answerd.

A while later there were 7 sequences found and 10 minutes remained.
One guy sacrificed himself while he was taking the tag from one of the sharks, naomi grabbed it from his hand and swimmed to the surface.
"Diamond, clubs, heart, clubs, Diamond, spades, spades!"
And again naomi kept on looking for the other codes they only needed two more, with 7 minutes left.

The blonde girl with wavy hair swam to the light pink coral and went with her arm between the leaves, when she felt something hard in her hands she snatched her arm back and swam back to the surface reading the sequence out loud. "Heart, clubs, spades, spades, clubs, Diamond, heart!"
"Only one more come on we only have 4 minutes left!" Kuina yelled.

A man swimmed to the Bodem of the  aquarium when he saw the last tag.
But it was to easy for the last one to be found. And naomi was right, she saw that the tag was under an electric eel, One of the most deadliest fish.
The man was about to take the tag from the fish when a hand grabbed his wrist and stopped him.
It was naomi she tried to explain in sighn language that it's a deadly fish but the man didn't listen.
He managed to take the tag away from the fish but not long after he was electrocuted by the fish. The tag was floating in the water.

2 minutes remained.

Naomi swam towards the tag and grabbed it she quickly came out of the water.
And for the last time she read the code out loud.
"Clubs, clubs, heart, spades, Diamond, heart, clubs and diamond!"

Chishiya entered the sequence as fast as he could.

Game clear, congratulations.

The three people got out of the aquarium, leaving naomi behind.
After a minute of just floating, and drifting away in her own thoughts
A voice spoke up to her.
"Here," it was kuina she reached out her hand for naomi to take it.
"I'll help you." Naomi took her hand and she then got out.
Naomi was looking around to see a table with towels just like her first game.
"What are you looking for?" Kuina spoke again.
"Towels."
"There are no towels here." A male voice spoke from behind her.
"It's good to see u survived, and ur head wound is looking better." He said again.
"Thanks." Was all naomi could say.
"I heard you were looking for towels,there are none."
Naomi was a little disappointed by the fact that she had to walk in the cold night with wet clothes, not knowing where to go next.

"I'm chishiya, this is kuina." He introduced himself.
"Naomi, pleasure."
Naomi was shivering from the cold
Her clothes were gone.
She saw the blonde girl from earlier taking her jeans and hoodie.
When naomi tried to walk away,
A voice stopped her once more.
"Here." It was chishiya's voice.
in his right hand he was holding his sweater, he held out his arm as a sign for naomi to take his sweater.
she took it from his hands and put on the sweater.
"Thank you, and again it was nice playing with you." Naomi smiled.
"Bye naomi! I hope we'll see each other again!" Kuina yelled from across the room.

And with that naomi was walking all alone on the streets with just a bikini and chishiya's sweater.
She decided it's best to go to a store to find new clothes.
Naomi was mad. Mad that the blonde girl had took her clothes.
'Why would she do that? Was she jealous? I know I have a great style but you don't have to steal my clothes.'
Once she arrived at the store she looked around for clothes, shoes, underwear.
She found green cargo shorts whit a green striped t-shirt and black converse.

She changed her clothes and decided to walk all night untill she finds something interesting.
While she was walking she quickly drifted into her own thought while fidgeting with the ring karube gave her, that was placed on her finger.
After walking for like what felt like an eternity, naomi had this feeling that she was being followed by someone.
She stopped walking, and when she was about to turn around, soon enough everything went black.

Authors note:

Yall are not ready for the plot in this book!
And it's not going to be the only plot

This chapter is really short, ill try making longer chapters

Once again thank you all so much for the love on tik tok and here❤️