[chapter 7]

Naomi woke up.
It was light outside.
She lay in a very quiet room, so still she could hear her own heartbeat.
But it wasn't hers, it was a room at the beach, just not hers.

When naomi set her up, four people entered the room, and no strangers, it were Ann, kuina, Chishiya, and hatter.
The last person she wanted to see right now was her father.

"Do you remember what happened?" Ann asked.
"Not really."
"Do you know why you fainted?"
"No."
That was a lie she knew why, naomi just didn't want to say it out loud with so many people around her.
"You have low iron. Have you eaten enough?" Ann asked again.
Naomi knew that this topic was about to come up eventually, she just wasn't ready to talk about it now.
Especially with people she only met two days ago.
"Yes." Was her response.
"Are you sure? I'm really concerned about you." It wasn't Ann who spoke up, this time it was Hatter.
He walked up to sit next to his daughter, he opened his arms to hug her but she backed away.
"Don't. Don't act like you were always there for me, and don't try to play a good dad now either. Just leave." Naomi pointed with her hand at the door as a sign for him to leave.
Her voice was cold, and there was no emotion seen on her face.
She really wished things were different with her father.
She truly believed he changed, but she needed more time to fully forgive him for what he's done.

Hatter didn't want to start a fight with his daughter because he knew he would only damage their bond, he would only destroy their relationship, even though he didn't really have one with naomi.
He still wanted to try and make sure they finally became a close family.

After he left kuina sat down on the end of the bed, Ann left, and chishiya sat down in the chair that was placed down in front of the window.

"You're sure you ate today?" Kuina asked the girl.
Naomi looked at chishiya who was already looking at her, she then turned her gaze to kuina and nodded with a tear rolling down her cheek.
"You haven't, have you?"
Naomi shook her head with more tears rolling down her cheek, and kuina brought her in for a hug.
"Come on, let's go to the cafeteria, I'll help you." Kuina said with a comforting smile on her face.

The girls walked out, chishiya stayed in his room.
It was his room she was laying in.

At the cafeteria kuina grabbed two plates one with a croissant and some orange juice, and the other one with cereal, bread, cheese, and coffee.
She sat down infront of naomi and pushed the plate with the croissant and the orange juice towards her.

She looked down at the plate.

Naomi remembered the time she was in the bakery with karube looking for food and held a croissant in her hand.
She wondered if her friends would be okay.

"Here I'll help you." Kuina tore a piece of croissant and held it in front of naomi's mouth.
"open your mouth."
naomi hesitated for a very long time, but kuina was patient.
if it was up to kuina she could sit here for hours helping her friend to eat.
naomi opened her mouth and kuina put the piece of croissant in her mouth.
a tear rolled down her jaw and fell on the table.
she was chewing slowly and was hesitating before swallowing.
"do you want to eat another piece?"
"maybe later?"
"that's okay, I'm proud of you." kuina said while wiping naomi's tears on her cheek.

"Miss danma, hatter wants to see you." The guy with the blue cap said while he walked into the cafeteria, towards the table were naomi and kuina sat on.
Naomi remembered him from the game of tag.

"Don't call me that, it's naomi kumar not Danma."
"I'm sorry." The guy apologized and bowed for naomi.
"I'll be back okay?"
"Yeah sure, I'm in my room." The two girls stood up and before they went their separate ways they gave each other another hug.