6x9 Pariah

For ONCE Chris was planning on sleeping in, so Street, sadly, volunteered to leave her apartment the night before, since he figured she would sleep more soundly if he wasn't beside her getting out of bed early in the morning for shift.

He regretted that decision by the time the sun came up, because he'd gotten so used to sleeping beside her that he reached for her half asleep and realized she wasn't there.

While waiting for the water in his shower to heat up, he sent her a text that he expected her to read when she woke up. Then, he focused on going to work.

Chris woke up earlier than she wanted to, but she started her day off right with a text from her boyfriend:

Street: Good morning! I missed you this morning

After dismounting his bike in the SWAT HQ parking lot, he felt his phone vibrate and looked to see a message from Chris.

Chris: GM I missed you too

He smiled at her message and replied:

Street: I'll see you later love you

Within seconds, he received:

Chris: love u

Feeling a million times more happy, he was ready for shift.

—————————————

The air in the locker room at the end of shift was a little charged. Cabrera and Luca were still reeling from the day, and whether he wanted to admit it or not, Hondo was nervous about dinner with Nichelle's parents. Street wanted to move as quickly as possible to get to his girl, but his progress was stopped when she called.

"Hey, babe," he answered the phone.

His teammates started mocking his greeting, which made him laugh.

"Hi, Chris," Deacon called loudly, hoping Street's phone receiver would pick up his voice.

"Hey, Deac," Chris responded.

"Hold up, I'll put you on speaker, so you can talk to everyone," Street announced and took the phone away from his ear.

"Don't say anything inappropriate!" Tan warned once his teammate held the phone out for all to hear.

"Shut up, Tan! Hey, guys! What's up?" Chris asked.

"Busy day over here, baby, but I'm getting ready to leave now," Street replied.

"He's not even fully changed yet," Luca pointed out.

"You think Street wouldn't leave right now and show up in his SWAT uniform to her place? Dude has it BAD," Tan chided, earning him some snickers from his fellow teammates.

"Don't rush, amor, but whenever you're ready, I'm outside in the parking lot. Already have your bike loaded in the back of my car," she said, and everyone could hear the smile on her face.

"Perfect! Everyone can see you on their way out," Street said happily.

"Awesome...hey Street, I love you," she replied and hung up the phone.

20 Squad watched a grown man blush a little before heading to a stall to change. The team filtered out of the building and gave Chris hugs  as they saw her.

Street could hear her laughter before he saw her standing with Tan. Without thinking, he barreled right over to her and lifted her in his arms to hug her.

"It's been forever," he breathed against her neck.

"You saw me last night," she smiled but didn't let go of him.

"I think you're crushing me," he laughed.

"Sorry."

"Worth it," he grinned and felt her ease her grip. Then, his mouth caught hers in a kiss.

"I'll see you guys later," Tan said awkwardly as he backed away from the couple making out.

Hicks didn't expect to see Chris and Street fully immersed in a kiss in the HQ parking lot, but nothing they did surprised him anymore. "Young love," he said under his breath while shaking his head and kept moving towards his car.

Finally, Chris pulled back to breathe. "Let's get out of here."

"Your place or mine?"

"Yours. Luca needs some company right about now. Finding out he has a sister really seems to have shaken him up."

"He already told you?"

"He changes much faster than you."

"It takes effort to look this good."

She rolled her eyes and opened her car door. "Let's go, pretty boy."

"I'm taking that as a complement, 'cause I think I AM pretty," he responded and walked over to the passenger side of Chris' Jeep where he climbed in to drive away with her.