𝟏| 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭

CHAPTER ONE:

VOWING TO PROTECT

POLAND, 1944

THE RAIN PATTERING around was loud as it continued to get harder and harder each minute or so that would go by. The sun was nowhere to be seen, the late nighttime air having replaced it for the time being. Many voices could be heard underneath the rain water as guards in dark black helmets on top of their heads were pushing people, families, little children in one direction in between metal fences.

Some could be seen pushing around wheelbarrows as the guards shouted at them to continue their work, their voices being drowned out from the pouring rain all around the civilians in Poland. In the middle of the crowd, a boy could be seen walking alongside his mother with his baby sister laying in her arms.

Young Erik Lehnsherr found himself glancing towards the ones being forced to work, squinting as the rain continued to fall on him while he took notice of the marks, the tagging's they had on their arms. Their skin was pale, their faces looking sunk in from having not eaten in a long time as their bodies were turning to bone. As they were being shoved around, one of the guards stepped forward and grabbed ahold of Erik, pulling him away from his mother and baby sister.

Instantly, he was shouting for his mother who found herself trying to get to her oldest child while holding her youngest in her arms. Edie Lehnsherr held a panicked gaze as she fought against the guards just when the baby's cries could be heard. Infant Y/n Lehnsherr had squeezed her eyes shut while she began crying from all the commotion, making Erik wanna be with her and hold her in his arms while he soothed her like he had done ever since she was born and his mother would be too busy to do so. Their shouts could be heard all around before Erik found himself running forward.

As he did so, the gate closed off, separating him from his last two family members as the guards were quick to grab him. As he screamed and the guards held him back, Erik had one hand aiming towards the fence just as the usually strong gate started creaking and moving. The guards feet were slipping along the muddy ground while the gate was being bent open. Noticing this, one of the guards came forward and slammed the butt of his gun against Erik's head, immediately knocking him out.

Meanwhile, from within the crowd, infant Y/n was still crying loudly like a baby always did while her mother tried to sooth and calm her down, tears falling down her cheeks. When a loud cry escaped the baby as Edie was gently holding one of her tiny hands, she felt an electric shock run through her hand as a piece of that electricity emitted from her daughter's finger before it disappeared while Edie shook her hand to get rid of the pain.

While that was happening, Sebastian Shaw had found himself sipping his tea while he watched this all happen from the window of his office, his gaze lingering on the Lehnsherr siblings after witnessing what they had both done.