𝟖| 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER EIGHT:

NO MORE HIDING

HALF THE ROOMS were empty all throughout the old Xavier mansion that Charles had grown up in

HALF THE ROOMS were empty all throughout the old Xavier mansion that Charles had grown up in. The sky was still a grey-ish type of color high up, the clouds blending in with the color as they moved in one direction while time passed throughout the day. The evening was slowly coming for the mutants staying in the large building with trees and large fields surrounding it all around, no houses being seen anywhere close by to them. A vehicle could be seen parked right outside of the mansion, the windows closed tight.

In one particular room, right in the study of the mansion, the group of mutants and Moira could be seen all together as they kept their gazes on the small screen of the small television that was sitting on a little table big enough for the machine to lay on. Charles and Moira were sitting side by side on the sofa with the others standing around. Hank was leaning his hands on the back of the sofa with Y/n standing beside him, her hands stuffed in her pockets.

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missile crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union." The president's voice comes through the television.

Erik points at the machine with a gun in his hand. "That's where we're gonna find Shaw."

"How do you know?" Alex asks.

"Two superpowers facing off and he wants to start World War III." Charles speaks up with a shake of his head. "He won't leave anything to chance."

"So much for diplomacy." Erik comments, voice blank as he glances at the others. "I suggest you all get a good night's sleep."

With that, the metal man was turning his back to face everyone as he walked off and out of the room, leaving everyone else to watch him leave. Y/n gulped when she noticed her brother's grip tighten on the pistol he had been holding the entire time.

* * *

The crickets were chirping all throughout the nighttime air in the Xavier residence. The sun had already set, the sky now a dark blue with the dark clouds blending in all around. Lights could be seen on in the many rooms and hallways throughout the large mansion. Only a few hours had gone by for all the mutants and the human detective, all of them being seen in their own rooms they had chosen or been given to themselves as they prepared themselves to fall asleep before the fight the next day.

Brushing the small knots out of her h/c locks, Y/n was glancing in the direction of her bedroom door when a knock could be heard from the other side. Placing the brush down on the desk that sat against the wall, her voice was calling out to the person to come inside. She softly smiled at the sight of Hank stepping inside with a little sheepish, yet excited smile on his lips. The brunette had a small retangular box in his hands as he closed the door right behind him, keeping his eyes on her.