𝟐| 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER TWO:

MANY YEARS LATER

GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, 1962

THE SUN WAS BRIGHT and shining down on the many people of Geneva, Switzerland in the year of 1962. The buildings stood tall and proud like they always did ever since they had been built years ago. Civilians of the country could be seen walking along the streets, couples having their arms linked together while they held smiles on their faces as children were running around and playing a game with one another, bumping into the adults around as they completely ignored the older people shouting at them, living the best life they could for the time of them being a child until they'd grow older and have responsibilities.

In one apartment building that belonged to the Lehnsherr siblings, the said siblings could be seen inside in different rooms. The sound of running water could be heard in the bathroom just as Y/n Lehnsherr looked up, her face all soaking wet from having splashed some water on it. Her short hair that laid above her shoulders was a bit messier than usual, the small strands sticking to her face while she stared at herself in the mirror, letting out quiet breaths. It was early in the morning for her and her brother, and the now almost nineteen year old girl had woken up from another nightmare.

That was how she found herself in the bathroom of her shared apartment with her brother, splashing water on her face to wake her up. Her t-shirt stuck to her torso from the sweat that had been on her body after she woke up, the shorts she had worn to bed still on her bottom half. Grabbing a towel, she wipes her wet face while letting out another breath and as she goes to drop her arms when releasing her grip from the cotton towel, her gaze stops on her left arm just a bit below her wrist.

The tag that had been placed on her skin years ago stared right back at her e/c eyes as the memories flowed through her brain. Blinking a couple times, she drops her arm before twisting the doorknob and stepping outside of the bathroom while turning the light off. As she moved in the direction of the kitchen, she passes her brother's bedroom, making her stop as she sees him staring straight at the wall ahead while he sat on his bed in a robe.

A now older and adult Erik Lehnsherr stared at the pictures he had hung up on his wall, the main picture being one of the man who changed his and his sister's lives forever. Sebastian Shaw. Using his abilities, the same coin from years ago flew within the air as it went in between his fingers before he flung it forward, the coin landing right on the forehead of the picture of the man he absolutely hated with passion.

Hearing a sigh, Erik finally tears his gaze away from where he had been staring at to see his little sister had been standing at his door. Before he could say anything, she used her index finger to point at the lamps he had on in his bedroom, lightning coming from it as the lights from the lamps turned off from just one electric touch coming from her without even having to make contact with it.