𝟓| 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER FIVE:

OTHER MUTANTS

THEY HAD DECIDED TO STAY

THEY HAD DECIDED TO STAY. It was the next day for the mutants staying at the facility, a couple hours having gone by since the Lehnsherr siblings were about to leave but Charles had stopped them. After quite a bit of thinking and listening to his little sister try and convince him that they should stay, Erik had relented and made the final decision that they wouldn't leave.

They had just found out that there were others like them out there, and Y/n didn't wanna leave. She didn't know how many other mutants were out there and if they were all welcoming and accepting like Charles, Raven and Hank have currently been like. She wasn't sure if she wanted to find out.

Charles was leading them all up some stairs as they had been walking inside the radar installation ball that was on the large green field at the back of the facility. Y/n trailed behind Raven with Erik right at the back of the group as Charles opens up the door, all of them walking in the middle of the ball.

Hank was already in there, greeting all of them with a wave and making brief eye contact with Y/n while doing so before she nervously looked away. In the middle of the room all the mutants were currently in, a headpiece could be seen connected by many wires, showing that Charles head would be placed in that headpiece.

"I call it Cerebro." Hank announces, making Charles chuckle. "As in the Spanish for 'brain'. Okay, so, the electrodes connect Charles to the transmitter on the roof. When he picks up a mutant, his brain sends a signal through a relay and then co-ordinates of their location are printed out here."

"You designed this?" Y/n questions, receiving a nod.

The brunette found himself watching as she looked at all the technology in the room with an awe being seen in her gaze. While that was happening, Charles had stepped on the platform as he brought his hands up and grabbed ahold of the headpiece, placing it over top of his head, showing that he was ready while he places his hands behind his back, clasping them together.

Erik teasingly smirks. "What an adorable lab rat you make, Charles."

"Don't spoil this for me, Erik." Charles demands.

Erik points at himself. "I've been a lab rat. I know one when I see one."

Hank ventures to fix the headpiece a bit, leaning close to the man. "Are you sure we can't shave your head?"

"Don't touch my hair." Charles instructs.

Hank only nods in response, moving back to the desk and pressing some buttons and turning some switches. The headpiece was lighting up, followed by a cry of surprise leaving past Charles lips as his hands grabbed ahold of the rails. It wasn't long till his surprised expression faded and his lips were twitching up in a smile, quiet laughter escaping him just when Hank's voice announced that it was working.