Warmth (Smut🌶️)

I did not write this the authors name is @twoidiotwriters1 on tumblr, all credit goes to them, enjoy.

A tough winter had fallen upon Avonlea that year, the snow would pile against the windows stopping any kind of light to enter anyone's home, and even if they'd managed to shovel it out of the way, there was no sunlight to reward them for their tough efforts.

However, this weather benefited a few who, in love and with time to spare, needed little excuses to waste their mornings in bed.

Gilbert and you had woken up to a gloomy morning, but instead of letting it ruin your mood, you took it as an excuse to wrap your arms around your lover and nuzzle your face against his chest.

"It's so cold," you muttered against him, "let's stay in bed all day..."

"I have patients, dear..."

"Oh, like anyone would leave their homes just so you could take a look at their runny noses," you grumbled.

"What if they have an emergency?"

"We just installed the phone," you retorted stubbornly, "if they need you desperately, they'll know where to find you."

"Y/N..."

"Have some pity, Gilbert boy," you poked his ribs, "your poor wife is begging you to stay and keep her warm. What if you leave her all alone and she ends up with the worst cold of her life?"

Gilbert chuckled. "Well, we can't have that, can we?"

"Indeed," you continued. "Did you know there's an old proverb that goes 'shoemakers' children go barefoot and doctors' wives die young'?"

"Really?" He frowned. "That's certainly not what I want for us."

"And that's precisely why you'll stay right here, cuddling your wife until she's all warm and sleepy again."

Gilbert tilted your chin up so you would look at him. "I guess I can take one day off."

You moved closer and kissed him lightly, his hand moved from your chin to the side of your neck and deepened the kiss. A little sigh escaped your lips and your fingers went to his curls, holding onto them, gently at first, and then a bit more desperate.

"I've missed you," you mumbled against him.

"I'm right here," he replied, frowning a little.

"Today, yes, but you've been visiting your patients every day from dusk to dawn," you moved away and cupped his cheek, "and I'm so proud but... the house feels so lonely when I come back from my errands and you're not here."

Gilbert's eyes softened. "I didn't know you felt that way, I always thought you were quite... self-sufficient."

"Oh, I am," you frowned, "that doesn't mean I don't love and long for my husband's attentions."

"You long?" He adopted a teasing tone. "Poor thing..." he kissed your forehead, "so abandoned..." then your nose, "with so much love to give..."

His lips traveled to your neck and left a trail of kisses down your throat, his teeth bore into the curve of your shoulder, causing you to gasp.

"I've missed you too..." he whispered against your skin, "my sweet wife..."

"Please..." you whined, keeping his head in place.

"Yes, dear?" He kissed your shoulder. "What do you need?"

"You... just you."

"But how do you want me?"

"However you decide, just don't stop," you concluded, pulling him back to your lips.

Gilbert quickly got to work, he pushed your camisole up and snuck a hand between your bodies, cupping your center.