Chapter 1: Why am I so useless?

' ' = thoughts
" " = talking

Nagisa POV:
'Sheesh, mom really didnt hold back. Now I have a bad headache, great.' "good morning!" I said, trying to sound like I wasn't in pain. Kayano walked up to me, and stood by my desk. "Good morning Nagisa! Did you do the homework?" 'oh yeah...we had homework, I totally forgot!'

"No, I forgot we had any." 'I really forgot!? How dumb could I be? I am just a failure, aren't I?' "Really? You never forget homework!" Kayano said, rubbing salt in the wound. Sugino walked up to me when she said that. "Hey, good morning Nagisa!" He greeted me the same way every morning. "Good morning!" I said, just then Koro-sensei came.

Time for a another tiring day of class "Good morning, everyone!" Koro-sensei said well he did roll call. "Nagisa Shiota." he called. "Oh! Here!" I hollered, after spacing out. After he was done our usual class began. "Nagisa, do you have the homework?" Koro-sensei inquired "I forgot it at home, sorry! I will give it to you tomorrow." I apologized, and almost pleaded. "Ok, just don't forget it tomorrow, ok?" He responded almost concerned "ok, sorry again..."

PE:
As we all walked outside Karasuma started to speak
"Today, you will be working on moving targets, so get into partners." Kayano came up to me "You want to be partners?" She asked "Sure! Why not?" I answered her. 'My head...it hurts...I don't know if I am able to do this.' I had thought to myself. We got our paint guns, and started to fight.

I jumped at her to distract her, but she dodged, and ran at me with a knife. I swiftly dodged, not knowing if my head ache would allow me to continue, so when I dodged I pulled out my knife and sneak attacked her from behind again. It somehow worked!

"Good job, Nagisa! I can't believe I didn't see that coming!" Kayano praised me "Really? It wasn't that good. I wonder what we will do next?" I said trying to down play saying it wasn't good. 'Does she really think it was good!? It was a simple sneak attack. She is probably trying to make me feel better about myself...' I thought as we went to watch other rounds. After PE, my head ache got seemingly worse.

"Nagisa are you SURE your ok?" Sugino asked with concern
"Yeah, are you, you seem like your in pain." Kayano said with a sad look on her face. "I'm fine, just tired. Haha!" 'if they find out, its over for me, and my reputation!' We sat down and ate lunch, as we talked about random stuff

TW: abuse

Nothing really happened until I got home...
'What time is it? Shit! I'm late!' "Hey, I'm home..."
"WHY ARE YOU HOME SO LATE!" Mom yelled.
She screamed and yelled for 2 minutes straight. Then she pulled my hair, and threw me. Kicking me for what seemed like forever. Then she pulled upstairs and threw me into my room

Abuse, over

I cried, and cried until I fell asleep. Just then my alarm went off. Great, another day.

I get ready before my mom, so I don't have to cross dress.
I walked out the door, relieved it worked today, it didn't a week ago and I had to change behind a large bush!

"Good morning!" I said with my usual happy tone.
"Hey, good morning." Sugino greeted "Huh? Where is Kayano? She is usually early." I think I sounded too concerned, I was just wondering. "She has a cold, and can't come." Sugino sounded relieved "Good morning class!" Koro-sensei said to start our terrible day!

I was late last night because I was doing double homework.
"Nagisa, do you have it?" Koro-sensei asked me "Yep! Here."
'I also have pain EVERYWHERE because of it!' I walked to Sugino and ate lunch. My head ache was getting unbearable. 'Shit! I can't keep this up much longer.' "Nagisa? Are you ok?" Sugino asked when I spaced out. "Oh! Sorry, just zoned out!" I explained, hoping he would buy it. "Ok..." Was all he said before we went to PE.

'Oh no, PE is going to be a nightmare!' I grimaced internally,
as we walked.

"Today," Karasuma started "You will be fighting against me
together." 'Thats not good...' I thought as he explained
we started to fight, as Karasuma was dodging. Then came my turn, I ran up from behind with my knife, every painful step made it harder! As soon as I ran I got flipped over. "Sorry Nagisa" Karasuma apologized "I didn't mean to dodge you so hard, are you ok?" Of course I wasn't! But I said I was fine. "I can take a hit or two!" I explained.

"No way! You almost won." Sugino praised with a soft smile
"Yeah, but I got flipped." I sadly said "Thats gonna hurt later."
After school, we walked down the mountain and back home.

TW: abuse, suicidal thoughts

'Am I late? No, thank goodness!' "Hey, I'm home!" I said thinking I would be ok. "Hello brat, I got fired for taking care of you." When she said that I knew I wasn't going to bed without a new bruise. She screamed and yelled, punched my face, and also found a new tactic, slamming my head into a wall. She gave me dinner and threw me into my room. 'Why can't I just die? Maybe I should, no one would care anyways.' I ate and cried all evening, until I went to bed. Nobody would care if I died.

'Nobody would care!' That phrase was repeated in my head over, and over, again. 'To Koro-sensei, my death would just mean one less assassin, to Sugino and Kayano, they wouldn't have to pretend to be concerned about me, and to Karma, one less annoying bug in his way, and to the rest of the class, less competition to win the 10 billion dollars! Maybe I should die, for everyone's sake.

Abuse and suicidal thoughts over

Notes:
this is my first fanfiction so if it is bad I'm sorry!
Also, sorry about the weird font, I don't know how
use this lol. critique allowed, just no unnecessary
hate. Sorry about bad grammar, or the shortness
of the story. This is getting long, but I realized that
Karma wasn't mentioned at all! I will try to fix that
next chapter!