Chapter 7: No one gives a shit

I didn't have any visitors after my mom. I don't know why, visiting hours weren't over. I went to sleep at around 8:00. And I woke up at around 10:00 am, I was bored most of the time, but at like 4:30, Sugino and Kayano visited me! They sounded genuinely worried, maybe killing myself wasn't a good idea.

Later, Karma came. We talked until visiting hours were over, he was so cute whenever he asked if I was ok. It was adorable!

The next day, Karasuma came. I thought I would be questioned, but he just asked if I was ok. He did ask one question.  "Why does your mom not come anymore?"  Of course he knew! It was in the records! Who visited, and for how long. My mom only visited one day, for five minutes.

"She is busy with her job."  That was the simple answer. It wasn't the only answer, but it was the simple one.  I hoped he would buy it, he didn't, but he didn't ask again. I was grateful for that. A bit after he left, Koro-sensei came. He was so worried, it was really funny.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't visit you earlier! I hope you can forgive me!"

I said I did, and we talked for a bit. He had to go eventually, but promised to visit tomorrow! I was pretty happy, someone cared about me! He and Karasuma were my father figures in life. Dad visited five minutes before visiting hours were over. I know he can't help it, with his job and all. But I wish he visited earlier!

Ever sense mom and dad divorced, dad seems even more busy! Barely having time to visit me twice a year! I want to see him more.

Mom visited again, I was really worried for what she would do to me.

                         TW: gaslighting and manipulation

Mom came, and she said this bullshit to me.  "Sweetie, you don't have a concussion, you just think you do! I heard about this mental illness, that makes you think you have problems! And the tests they used are fake." 

That was BS and I knew it. I had a concussion. She just wanted me home.

"I do have a concussion, I know it..."  She wasn't giving in.  "You don't know though, I do."  I wasn't going to back down either, she had to go down.  "And what makes you think that?"  I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth.  "Because I'm your mother, and I know you better than anyone!"  I was pissed when she said that.  "No one gives a shit! I have a concussion and that's final!"  She stormed off after I said that.

                       Gaslighting and manipulation over

Five minutes later, Koro-sensei came again. Apparently, he had heard my mom. And was waiting for her to leave, and for me to process stuff. I just looked at him, and we sat there, in silence. He broke that silence when he said he had to tell Karasuma, and the other staff. I didn't want to, but I agreed. He looked concerned, but nodded, and left.

I didn't want to believe it, but the teachers were going to find out my biggest secret. I was done for, I was going to die.

10 minutes later, Karma came. And, hugged me? Why did he do that?  "H-huh? What's this for?"  I asked, confused.  "I know it was your mom, and I thought you probably needed one."  He muttered the last part under his breath, but I could still hear it.

We talked for awhile, but he had to go. Just 2 minutes later, Karasuma opened, almost threw the door. He looked mad, and something else. Concern? No, that can't be it. He was accompanied by professor bitch, who just looked disappointed.

"The octopus told us what happened with your mom. Why didn't you tell anyone?"  Karasuma asked me. Then, bitch sensei added something.  "You don't have to go through this alone, thats why your friends exist."

I felt a lump in my throat, and I wanted to cry.  'people are here. It can wait!' I thought, but I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Karasuma lightly comforted me, but they had to leave eventually. They said that they need more evidence to get my mom out, and I would have to give it. I hated the idea, what if it failed? I would be dead, killed by my own mother!

It was night by then, the nurses turned of the lights and unnecessary alarms that would keep me up. I was bored just being in my room all the time. There was nothing to do, and the lights were always so dim you could barely see. I went to sleep despite this, and thought about what I would tell the police tomorrow.

                        TW: I have no idea what CPS would ask him, description of abuse

The very next day, at around 11:50 am, Karasuma + the police and social workers were there. They interrogated me then

"What was the most common thing she would tell you?"
"That she wishes I was a girl"
"What was the most important rule in the house?"
"Never come home late."
"What was a punishment?"
"Getting a new bruise or scar"
Karasuma seemed pissed at that answer
"What is another use of punishment?"
"Getting my hair pulled, or a new dress"
I spat the last bit of the answer
"Well, I think that sums it up, goodbye."
With that, he left and Karasuma went to face me

              Description of abuse over CPS is also gone

"I'm sorry I couldn't figure it out myself, I thought you would have told us." He apologized. "Don't apologize, you asked before, I was....just scared....thats all" I paused thinking of what to say that wouldn't be putting myself down, which he would yell at me for. I was also trying to think of something nice about myself. He nodded, stood up, and left.

                                                                            Notes:
                                                 I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to post
                                                 this late! Stuff happened, well see
                                                      you in the next chapter!