#3 The Drive

On our way over to Jacki's house, I couldn't help but glance over at Vicky in the passenger seat staring idly at her phone.

Damn what I wouldn't give to just lean over and-

"Watch what you're doing!" Veronica yells.

I didn't even realize I was swerving off the road. Maybe I need to like actually pay attention to what's in front of me before I end up killing us both.

"What were you thinking about that's got you in la la land" Vicky laughed.

I was thinking about kissing yo-

"Not much, just scared to face Jacki after all this time of not seeing her ugly bitch ass face every day you know?"

"Dude, you need to let this anger die down. If anything she bullied me more then she bullied you and I've already put my feelings for her in the past, it's time you do the same.

"It's because she bullied you more that I'm still pissed off at her."

Back in the 8th grade, Veronica asked Jacki to the end of year dance while Veronica was still going on the outside as Vincent.

I was the only one who knew she was Veronica.

The two of them ended up dating into the summer, Veronica found the courage to tell Jacki that she was transgender and Jacki was PIIISSED.

Like so mad. Jacki thought people around her would start insinuating that Jacki was a lesbian.

So inevitably they broke up, which hurt Veronica enough already. Into our grade 9 year, just starting highschool, Jacki decides it's a great time to tell the entire school that Veronica was trans. Mucking about telling anyone and everyone she could. Calling out slurs to us in the hallways, never getting caught.

And this went on all throughout the year while nobody cared for veronica's feelings but me. I was there for her when she needed me most.

Eventually things died down, and Jacki kinda stepped back from being the queen B bully. She still looked at us like we were freaks whenever we passed by her however.

That right there is why I'm absolutely terrified for us to show up tonight at Jacki's house.

"Jacki's changed you know, she's not like that anymore." Veronica says combing her fingers through her hair.

"What do you mean she's changed? How would you know."

"She's kind of friends with Delilah" vicky whispered.

"What!?" I resist the urge to slam on the breaks, looking over at Veronica staring out the window.

"Delilah says that Jacki would never say anything to hurt me, that's why she invited me, because she knows it's a place for people like us to be safe.

A place for people like us. Tch, there should be no place for PeOpLe LiKe Us.

"Well whatever, I still don't believe that people can change that quickly in a couple of months."

"You just have to be more optimistic that's all."

"I'll try, but optimism isn't really my specialty." I laugh.

"Yeah, heh, I know." She smiles.

And just like that, I'm head over heels again. Not thinking at all about Jacki, or Delilah..

I said I'm not thinking about delilah..

Great, now I'm thinking about Delilah!

This night's gonna be soooooo fun. Not.

Heeey there guys, it's been a minute lol, I've been a little busy with exams (and just kinda forgot about the story in general) but I'm back now!🎉 yay.
Umm yeah that's rlly all I have to say this time, remember to share to get the story out there.
(Thx to my three singular readers lol)