#4 Lil danny

Walking up the steps to Jacki's doorstep I could feel my heart in my throat and hear the music booming from beyond those walls.

"Are you sure you wanna go in?" Vicky asks me.

Veronica was the one who was bullied by Jacki, Veronica is the one trying to make things better, and yet I'm the one pouting outside the door not wanting to go in.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

We both take a deep breath and open the double doors.

Holy shit her house is huge?!

"Are Jacki's parents home?" I know for a fact even if I lived in a house like this, my mom would never let me have this many people over.

"Nah, this is the house Jacki's dad bought her for her graduation present." Vicky informs me.

What the fuck?? A whole ass house for a gift. I knew Jacki was a rich snob, but I didn't think she was this rich.

All of the sudden Delilah finds us still standing by the door and whisks Veronica off into the crowd somewhere, and I'm just left to stand here awkwardly.

Great.

I don't wanna just stand off to the side like some loser, so I try to go wander around and see if I recognize anyone to hang out with before I find Vicky again.

Everyone has a drink in their hands everywhere I look. I wonder where I can get some? Probably in the kitchen. But where the fuck is that?

"AAROOOON MY MAN!" I heard someone scream behind me.

Turning around I saw Brian with a beer bottle in one hand and a red solo cup in the other filled with who knows what.

"Hey Brian, what's up bro."

After he fails to give me a high five Brian leads me to where I'm assuming the drinks are.

I was wrong.

"Josh Aaron, Aaron this is Josh. Try to make some friends dude, I'll go get you a drink."

Brian just left me alone with some stranger!?! What am I supposed to do in this situation, do I start the conversation, does he? What do we talk about? He's kinda cute. I hope he's not a douchbag. This silence is super awkwar-

"Hey Aaron, I've heard great things about you."

Okay so he speaks first, got it. Wait what was his name again!?

"Ugh hey." I shake his hand that I didn't even realise he was holding out to me.

What the fuck is his name???

"So, you enjoying the party."

"Umm yeah I guess, I mean I haven't been here long, but you could say it's good." Honestly the party's kinda lame, no not lame, it's just exactly how I expected it. Loud music that no one can really hear, college kids dancing everywhere, and alchohol spread about.

Seems like the most genaric white boy frat party that you see on TV shows and movies.

"Yeah, parties aren't really my thing either. Do you wanna go somewhere more quiet?"

"Sure, if you can find somewhere quiet in this place." I say laughing.

This dude starts walking around the house eventually leading the both of us upstairs into a bedroom.

Wooooah there buddy, I've seen where this part of the movie goes. I'm not getting drugged and fucked by a stranger. I'm out.

"Yeah sorry, this isn't my thing either, you seem nice and all ugh, to be honest I forget your name, and frankly, I don't wanna know anymore, see ya." I fuckin bolt out the room and down the stairs as fast as I can, almost bumping into Brian.