Chapter 1

***Follow me and vote***

I dangled my legs in excitement as I was sitting on the bench in the garden of my all-girl Catholic school hostel with a big smile on my face. I stared at the garden, which was filled with so many different kinds of roses. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath in the alluring scent of roses as the morning sun beamed on me, making me feel the warmth of summer. I love roses. I come to this garden whenever I am sad or happy because looking at roses gives me calmness, whereas summer is hot. 

They gave me peace because I only get to see him this time of year. Today I was happy, as this day had finally arrived. I have been waiting for five years for this day, and I can't express my emotions anymore. I don't know how to express it. On one hand, I feel all the excitement, and on the other hand, I feel a sweet fear slowly spreading in my limbs, somehow making them feel the rush of my emotions. I pulled the straps of my bag full of clothes back on my shoulder, which had fallen from my shoulder as I was lost in my dream world, with a big smile on my face. In the past five years, I have planned so many things a fifteen-year-old could think of. My thoughts were interpreted as I heard a shrill voice calling me. 

"Luna—Luna," I heard my name being called continuously. I turned my head to find my best friend Ella, who was running towards me as if a ghost of the old building was behind her. She slowed her pace only when she was only a few steps away from me so she could stop herself from falling on me with force. I looked at her with a big frown on my face as her chest heaved due to the lack of oxygen in her lungs. She was breathing heavily as she rested her hands on her knees to take deep, heavy breaths to even her breathing. Her face flushed all because she was running with her long black hair slipping out of her ponytail as sweat beats were raining from her forehead on her face, making her milky white skin glands glow in the sun. She is the prettiest girl I know with her long hair and milky skin, whereas I was more like a tomboy with my short brown hair. 

"What happened, Ella?" I asked with a frown on my face as I looked at her while adjusting my bag's strap again on my shoulder, securing them there again. 

"Luna, we need you," she said in between heavy breaths as she tried to control her breath as she still supported her weary body on her knees with the support of her hands. 

"Now what happened? You know I won't come. I'm going back today," I said, refusing her as I looked at the big gates. I don't want to be late when my dad comes to take me. 

"B--but the C-wing team of girls has declared a match on us, and if we lose, they will tag us losers for the whole year," she said in her horrified voice, getting my attention for a split second. 

"Did they forget how we defeated them last week?" I said in a mocking tone as I looked at the long road from where all the cars entered the school premises. 

"They didn't! That's the reason they choose today to take their revenge when you are leaving," she said in her controlled voice as she straightened her body to face me. 

"I know you can define them, so go back," I said in my agitated voice as I tapped my feet on the ground while biting my lower lip, knowing they needed me but that my dad would be here anytime to take me. 

"Come on, Luna, if we lose, we will be losers for the whole year," she said in her pleading voice, making me avert my eyes from the road to her as she pleaded to me with her puppy eyes. I exhaled loudly, knowing I wouldn't be able to live the whole year with the tag of a loser. I looked at the road and then back at her, as I had made up my mind. I can't let my team down. 

"Let's go and teach them a lesson for messing with me at the wrong time," I said as I stood up from my seat as a bolt of anger ran through me. They purposely chose this time so they could win against us, thinking I would leave my team behind just like that. I couldn't ever, in my worst nightmare, let my team be a loser for a whole year. Listening to my words, Ella gave me her big smile as she did her little happy dance as she was successful in convincing me. In no time I was standing on the football ground with a ball in my hand, dressed in my football spandex and jersey, on which my name was written in bold letters. Beside me were Ella and the rest of the team members.