Chapter 7

"Your boyfriend bought chocolates for you," 

Saying that I walked out of his room. I held my tears as I had decided not to cry again over him. I won't cry for him. Why should I cry when he doesn't even remember the reason behind it? It's hard but I have decided to forget that day as my childish mistake. Bury it deep in my heart and never take it out. If I keep holding more it will pain me in the end. He was never interested in me it was just stupid me who saw all those meaningless dreams without any base for them. I walked back to Kevin's room to find him sprawling on his bed like a lazy sloth. 

"What happened to your face," he asked me as I walked towards the bed. 

"Nothing, move," I said, wanting to lie down beside him. He shifted lazily, crumbling the sheets as he moved to make some space for me. It made my face grim at his actions but I didn't say anything and lie beside him. If I was at my hostel and did this the head sister would have told him to make a bed for everyone as a punishment. 

Suddenly I was feeling weak as I was feeling when I had a fever. Even if I tried to take out the scene of Alisha walking out of his bathroom from my brain I couldn't. I tried hard not to think about it more but my heart was still clenching on the thin strings of unwanted feelings which I called love. I closed my eyes and tried to scrape out everything and as I was doing it I didn't know when I slipped into slumber. I worked up as my body was shaken vigorously making me open my eyes. 

"Wake up, sleepyhead, let's go down," Kevin said as he looked at me with a smirk. 

"What time is it," I said as I shuffled a big yawn. 

"You slept for two hours. It's almost time for lunch. Mom has been asking you to come down" he said as he started walking towards the door as I sat up on the bed. My eyes are still heavy from sleep. I went to the bathroom and washed my face after that I walked down for lunch. Everyone was already sitting at the table. As I was walking the stairs his eyes fell on me. I walked down with a grim face. Alisha was sitting beside him too close to him. She has a right after all she is his girlfriend. My inner voice said, making my face grim even more at the word girlfriend. His eyes followed me until I reached my seat. 

"We were waiting for you," aunty said with a smile on her face as she saw me. 

"I have made your favourite pie today," grandma said, making my eyes light up in happiness. 

"Pie made from your hand. Thank you grandma" I said happily as I stood up from my seat and went to hug her. I wrapped my hand around her as she patted my wrapped hands around her. Grandma doesn't go to the kitchen because of her age but today she went to make a pie for me. 

"I love you," I said as I gave her a tight hug. 

"I love you too darling," grandma said lovingly. 

"Grandma, you only love Luna. Why don't you ever make a pie for me?" Kevin was like a child as he looked at me like an angry five-year-old. I showed him my tongue, making the rest of everyone laugh. I let go of grandma and took my set again. 

"Yeah grandma it's so unfair you didn't even ever bake a pie for me. Why" he asked grandma with a smirk on his face as he kept looking at me. 

"Well, she is precious to me. I have two grandsons but I only have one granddaughter" grandma explained making me grin at Kevin even more who huffed in annoyance. He has always been the jealous type. Alisha was eyeing me all the time with a look in her eyes but I ignored her. 

"So Luna, what have you planned for your birthday? It's only two days away?" aunty asked me as I was about to put food in my mouth. Her words brought the bad memory I have been trying to bury.  I had planned lots of things but nothing matters now. Because everything is meaningless. I felt his amber eyes on me making me grab the spoon more tightly. I lifted my head and looked at her. 

"Nothing much. I just want to celebrate with you guys" I said with a small smile on my face. 

"Still do you have a theme in your mind," she asked as she wanted to plan it for me. 

"I have nothing in my mind. You can plan it your way" I said in a small voice. Aunty looked at grandma for help as I was refusing to discuss my birthday. If someone had asked me a month ago how I want to celebrate my eighteenth birthday. I would have talked for hours making them fill their books with tons of demands about how my birthday should be planned but now everything is blank in my head. 

"Luna, why don't you sit with your aunty afterward and tell her how you want to celebrate your birthday? I am only going to come only once in your life" grandma said the wise words making me nod at her in yes. It brought smiles to aunty's face. I thought about her words. First I don't even want to celebrate it but my birthday comes only once a year. I can't let my mood ruin my joy. 

"Let's play football after lunch," Kevin said as we were almost done eating the food. 

"Yup let's do it," I said as I'm always ready to play it. I can play it even in my sleep. It was like a passion that I have embraced since childhood. 

"Can I join you guys?" Jason asked, looking at me. 

"I'm going to join too," he said as his amber eyes stayed fixed on me. 

"Why not more the merrier," I said with a tight smile on my face while looking at Jason. 

"I will cheer for you guys," Alisha said in her excited voice as if we were going to play in tournaments. I didn't have anything to change in so I borrowed Kevin's football spandex and thank God I was wearing a sports bra inside so I decided to play in it. I walked to a big loan where the goals were. As I walked towards them his eyes fell on me and they widened and his jaw clenched. His amber eyes burned on me but I ignored him. 

"Luna, when did you get boobs," Kevin asked with a mischievous smile on his face. Making me roll my eyes at him. I always wore clothes bigger than my size so my curves hide inside. 

"When you were trying to grow up" I mocked but that shameless guy laughed making me laugh with him. He is never going to stop being childish. So it was decided that Jason and I were on the same team and both brothers were on the other team. Jason and I were discussing the plan. We were talking as both brothers were doing the same. I still felt his eyes on me. 

"So our main aim is not to give them a ball," Jason said in his serious voice as he put his hands on my shoulder. I nodded and was about to say something when suddenly my hand was gripped in a tight grip and I was being dragged away from Jason. He kept looking at us with his confused eyes until we vanished from his range. He dragged me to their side of the house wall. I glared at him at his sudden actions as I yanked my hand from his tight hold. 

"Wear this," he said as he took out his t-shirt and put it in front of me displaying his well-built abs. I swallowed hard and looked away, refusing his offer. 

"Luna wears it until im asking you nicely," he said with a stern face making me swallow hard he had never used this tone with me. 

"Ok then you want to be stubborn then let it be," he said in the same tone making me look at him with furrowed eyes. Next thing I know he made me wear his t-shirt with his own hands. I glared at him as he forcefully made me wear it against my protest. His girlfriend was too wearing a sports bra and shorts and she was not even playing. Then why is he trying to cover me more than his girlfriend? A smirk plastered his face as if liking his work. He lifted his hand, cupped my face with his big hand, and threatened me. Causing tingles to form in my whole body. 

"From now onwards I'm going to be ten times more stubborn than you."                       
Read up to chapter 10 on Inkitt. It's free guys. Don't forget to follow me. 
                                                                     A/N
Hey, my lovely readers. Don't forget to like, comment, and share.