Chapter 6

I misunderstood those words for a promise how stupid of me. 

I don't know when I slept crying. Dad woke me up to eat dinner but I refused him as I didn't want to eat anything. Dad still feeds me with my swollen eyes closed. He again checks my body temperature to find my fever has increased. He gave me medicine and then tugged me to bed. 

"Call me if you need anything," he said as he kissed my forehead. I nodded at him as I closed my eyes. My fever increased more in the morning. Dad got worried he took off from work. 

"Dad, I'm fine, you can go to work," I said for the tenth time as he was changing the wet cold cloth from my forehead. 

"I'm going nowhere when my child is burning in fever," he said in his firm voice, making me shut my mouth. 

"Do you want to eat some fruit?" he asked as I had not eaten anything since morning. 

"No" I moved my head in no as I didn't feel like eating. Only the name of the food made me feel like vomiting. 

"I will go and change the water to a cold one. I will come back soon" he said as he stood up taking the bowl with him. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but yesterday's incident again roamed in my head making tears well up in my already swollen eyes. I opened my eyes as I heard the doorbell of our house. 

"Coming" dad yelled I think from the kitchen. Someone must have come. I closed my eyes again as I tried to clear my mind as dad went to open the door. I heard a few heavy steps walking into the house. 

"Where is she?" I heard grandma's worried voice as she asked dad standing at the base of the staircase. She is here to see me and dad must have told her about my health. The door of my room was opened and brought a smile to my face to see grandma. 

"Grandma," I said happily as she walked in with a warm smile on her face as she saw me but my smile faded as I saw a person who followed behind her. What is he doing here? 

"What happened to my child?" she said as she sat in front of me on the chair on which dad was sitting a few minutes ago. 

"Fever," I said with a sheepish smile on my face. His amber eyes were fixed on me as he stood there leaning against the wall. 

"Have you taken your medicine?" she asked as she checked my temperature. 

"First she needs to eat something to take it but she is refusing to even drink water," dad said in his worry as he entered with the cold water bowl. He sat beside me and then changed the cloth from my forehead 

"She will eat the soup her aunty sent her," grandma said as she took the thermos from his hand. 

"No, I don't feel like eating," I said with a bitter face. 

"Have some of it so you can take medicine" she said in her soft voice making me try to understand. She knew I would not refuse her. I gave her a small nod as dad went to bring a bowl and spoon. He came and sat beside me as he took the cloth from my forehead and replaced it with a cold one. I didn't look his way. Dad came back and I tried to sit on my bed with my weak body. He immediately helped me even before I could lift my body. Dad took the soup out of the bowl and placed it in front of me. 

"I will feed her," he said to dad as dad was about to do it. I didn't want to eat from his hand but I couldn't even refuse him in front of everyone and he was taking advantage of it. 

"I will bring her medicine," dad said and walked out of my room to get it. He brought a spoon full of soup to my mouth and I took a small sip of it without looking at him. 

"Grandma, why didn't aunty come to see me?" I asked as he kept feeding me. 

"Some guests are coming home today so she had to stay to attend to them,'' she said with a smile as I bobbed my head in understanding. The soup was tasty but I couldn't drink more. 

"I can't eat more," I said as I refused to drink more. 

"You didn't even finish half of it. You can't take medicine on your empty stomach. Drink it before it gets cold you" he said in his firm voice which always made me obey him even if I didn't want to. 

"Yes, he is right. finish it," grandma said as she looked at us with a smile on her face. Many times I refused to drink more but he fed me full of it. 

"Here," dad said as he gave me medicine but before I could take it he took it from dad and brought it near my lips. He put it in my mouth as his fingers brushed on my lower lip. I moved my face away and drank the water which he placed on my lips. 

"Now dear, have some rest. I will come again to see you" she said as he helped me back by adjusting my pillow properly. I gave her a small smile as I closed my eyes not wanting to see his face as dad was helping grandma to walk out of the room. He covered me to my chin and the next thing he did was make me curl my fingers in a fist. He kissed my forehead. I controlled myself and my anger as I kept my eyes closed. I only opened my eyes when I heard the click of the door get closed. 

The next day too I had a slight fever and aunty came to see me with soup and cupcakes with him trailing behind her. Kevin too came to see me. I was happy to see him as we ate muffins together while playing board games as he kept sitting on the chair beside us looking at us as we played. Again while going he kissed my forehead making me mad. But I refused to talk with him or look at him. After a few days, I started to feel good and I went back to Rivera mansion to play with Kevin as I was getting bored sitting in my room all day. 

"Kevin, that's cheating," I said again as he tried to cheat. 

"No look properly. I think you still have a fever," he said with a grin on his face as he was cheating more. I groaned as he won by cheating. I put the remote control down. 

"I'm thirsty, I will go and get some water from the kitchen," I said as I stood up to go to the kitchen. 

"Get some for me, too," he said as he started playing solo. I hummed and walked out of his room. Aunty was making something as I went to drink some water. I grabbed some for Kavin when aunty asked me to take a mug of coffee to his room. I wanted to refuse as I didn't want to see his face. 

"I would have not asked you but I have some work to do,'' she said as she stirred something on the pan. 

"Don't worry I will take it to his room" I said, aspiring her as I took the mug and went to his room. I didn't want to go but I had to. I will keep the mug on his table and walk out fast. I knocked on his door. 

"Come in," he said and I opened it to walk in. As soon as I opened the door my breath hitched as he was standing there wearing his only sweatpants with his abs on full display with a book in his hand. He lifted his eyes to find me standing with a coffee mug in my hand. He threw the book on his bed as he saw me. I lowered my eyes and walked in keeping the coffee on the table I was about to walk out when a firm hand grabbed my mind making me pull towards him as a gasp left my mouth. He caged me against his bare chest as he placed his hands on my waist. I tried to get out of his hold up and he didn't let me. 

"How long are you planning to be angry at me, Luna," he asked in his soft voice, taking my full name but I refused to look at him. He lifted his hand and tugged my small strands of hair away from my face. Then he cupped my face as his finger made lazy circles on my cheek. 

"Will you talk to me if I give you your favourite chocolates?" he asked in his hopeful voice as I looked at him with a hard gaze. Saying that he picked up something from the table still not letting me go. He showed me the chocolate box he always brought for me when he came home. I looked at him with a cleantech jaw and mad eyes. He not even for once denied that Alisha was not his girlfriend. The little hope I had was crushed in me. 

"I found it in your bathroom" I heard Alisha's voice as she walked out of his bathroom wearing only a long t-shirt, making my heart ache even more as she was looking at something in her hand. I got that burning sensation again in my chest which was trying to bury in my heart.  I took his hands away from me before she could see them. He was holding me when his girlfriend was in the bathroom. I took the chocolates as he smiled at me with hopeful eyes but I went to Alisha and placed it in her hand which I never shared with anyone. I said in my emotionless voice and walked out of there. 

"Your boyfriend bought chocolates for you," 

A/N
Go and ready chapter 7&8 on inkitt.