Chapter 34 - Andreas' Wedding

Dmitri

"So, where exactly are we going, and what is the event tonight?" Sky asks me from the passenger seat beside me.

It's a struggle to keep my eyes on the road, which seems to be usual with me and her. The dress I gifted Sky looked even more exquisite on her than it did on the hanger. When I picked her outfit, I failed to imagine that it might make it hard for me to get through this night. Evident by the bulge in my pants. Sexually, my appetite when it came to her was insatiable. 

The wine-red dress consisted of a solid piece of satin cutting across her left breast, down across her stomach to curve down her right thigh all the way to the floor. Lace made up the other side of the dress with strategically placed delicately woven flowers positioned along the material. The lace ran down both arms with flowers positioned over the right shoulder blade and both sleeve cuffs. This meant that it revealed some skin, all the important bits covered, while still hinting at the perfection below. It was a very sexy dress. I just hoped I wouldn't be fighting men off this evening. Jealousy did not suit me well and was an emotion I detested, but with Sky, it had cropped up in the past and I just hoped it would stay hidden tonight.

"Dmitri?" My eyes snap over to meet hers briefly before I recall she was asking me a question.

"I'm sorry. That dress is very...distracting," I say, the huskiness in my voice unintended.

"Don't worry, your suit is having the same effect," Sky says, her hand shooting up to cover her mouth, I imagine in the hopes that she could stuff those words back in. "Wow, I didn't mean to say that out loud."

Looking over at her, she has a deep red blush on her cheeks, her eyes wide with shock.

She starts laughing, her hand moving away from her mouth as she smooths her unruly curls. She has left her hair loose, the red of her hair suiting this dress perfectly. Her usually makeup-free face has a little mascara and eyeliner, making her hazel eyes stand out against her freckled fair skin.

"It's Andreas' mating ceremony. Along the lines and traditions of a wedding. You know him from before," I say, knowing she won't remember him, "but I'll introduce you again. He was pivotal in our meeting again after you left Willow Falls for a year." If it wasn't for him guilting me to go to his inauguration as an elder celebration evening, I would never have met Sky again or found out Savannah had been lying to me. I wondered how I would ever repay Andrea for that moment that changed the course of my life. That opportunity presented itself recently.

"A couple of months ago he was captured and tortured. While in captivity he met Mira. They had a rocky start and he ended up killing her father, who was a hunter. Quite high up in the ranks actually. They seem to have worked it out though." Andrea gave up on finding a mate centuries ago, his story echoing mine. It seems to be fated, him and I finding human mates, or at least Sky seemed to be human initially. Now I wasn't so sure.

"I helped with the rescue," I say to Sky who is listening intently. "Once we had his location it went smoothly. Considering he is an elder, many resources were thrown at the operation, with few casualties on our side."

Our conversation ends as we pull up to the front entrance of a large, expensive-looking building. Andrea always did have a flashy, lavish style. His wedding would be no different.

I climb out, handing the keys to the valet before moving around to open Sky's door.

She takes the hand I offer, smoothing her dress down as she gets out. My eyes follow her hand as it slides down her body. I look away abruptly. After just managing to get rid of one raging erection, I didn't need to incite another. This woman would be the death of me.

Sky takes my arm as we walk inside. A noticeable hush falls over the reception area as we enter, Sky's heart rate increasing as her anxiety peaks. Some of the beings here had been present at the gathering in Spain, while others heard rumors about the Lycan Alphas' human mate. The fact that she scented differently may cause an even bigger stir, something I only realize now might cause problems for us later. I move to the side, pulling her close to me, hoping my scent will rub off on her.

People fear the unknown, making her a target.

"I see we made it just in time," a familiar voice says behind us. Sky whips around as I slowly turn.

"Raina, Ally, you guys are here too!" Sky exclaims quietly, her joy at seeing them barely contained.

"We weren't sure if we would be here, but Andrea called today and insisted he wouldn't take no for an answer. Besides, we thought it might make things easier for you if you at least knew two people," Raina says, winking at Sky.

"Wow Sky, you look amazing." Ally holds Sky's hands in hers giving her a once over before pulling her in for a hug.

Sky blushes furiously before furnishing Ally and Raina with compliments of her own. It wasn't often I see Raina or Ally dressed to the nines.

"It's actually perfect you are here," I say to Raina, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Any chance you might have a scent-masking concoction on you?" I ask quietly, looking between Raina and Ally.

"Just when I thought you were actually happy to see us, Dmitri," Raina says smiling. "I don't but what's the issue?"

"I completely forgot that Sky's scent is different. It's going to raise unnecessary questions if it hasn't already." I look around to ensure no one is listening.

"I'm sure you could mask her scent with yours if you tried hard enough." Raina's innuendo has Sky blushing furiously, while I level her with a gaze. None of which takes the smirk off her face.

"You could block it temporarily with magic, though one of my potions would have been better and would last longer," Ally says quietly, looking at Raina and then at us.

"My suggestion would have been more pleasurable but anyway, each to their own. Give me your hand Sky." Raina steps forward, taking Sky's right hand in hers. Her face tilts to the side, her expression confused before she shakes her head.

"What's wrong?" Sky asks, a small frown on her face.

"Nothing, nothing. Sorry, that was weird. It felt like...never mind actually, that's impossible," Raina says, shaking her head before giving Sky and myself a reassuring smile.

Raina closes her eyes, chanting an incantation I am not familiar with. Within seconds, Sky's scent disappears.

"Look, this might raise even more questions as she doesn't scent like anything now, not even you Dmitri," Raina says, pointing to the marks on Sky's neck, clearly on display.

The pride that I feel at having my marks on her for everyone to see almost borders on possessive. It probably is. She is mine after all. She just needs to admit it.

Please don't forget to comment and vote!