Universe

*English*

Only the crickets of the night and the fire burning the pieces of logs put into a bonfire can be heard in the night. Fidel sits on the side watching the fire intensely as it burns the log, his thoughts wandering, a stem of rose laying by his side.

"Babalik ka pa kaya, Bb. Klay."

He looked up at the starry sky and closed his eyes. He has thought countless times about how he would react if he'll see her again. Will he be ecstatic? Angry? Sad? Numb? He longs for her presence for the last 13 years and yet his heart still races at the thought of her. He never thought in his life that he could love someone as much as he loves her. A tear drips down his face and clutched his chest like he can hold his heart. He can feel it breaking and he's simply holding on to every bit of hope and trust that someday the pain will stop and he can mend all the pieces once more. 

"At kung pati ikaw ay mawala, baka hindi ko an talaga kayanin pa."

His words ring through her head as Klay sits on the rooftop of their apartment building. Fidel wasn't the Fidel that she knew when she first met him. Her influence on him made him change his outlook on life and the way he sees things now, he clearly understands how she feels.

"Kung mamamatay man ako, ang mga nais kong salita na lalabas sa akin kasabay ng aking huling paghing ay..... Iniibig kita"

"Bakit hindi mo subukan? Klay, maari bang subukan mo?"

At this point, her face is drenched with her tears and she can't stop sobbing. She clutched her heart as if she can feel his pain at the moment. Her mind is a mess, she wants to go back because of her will to help her friends but she thought that maybe it was to see him. To be with him. To save him.  

She regrets not having to clear things with him before she left. She knew their feelings are the same but her fear of having to lose him because they are not from the same world mattered more. 

"Ang mga bituin ba diyan ay ganito din ba nagniningning sa mundo mo, Klay?" sabi ni Fidel. He stood up with the rose in his hand, kissed it and threw it into the fire.

"Siguro maraming bituin jan ngayon noh, Fidel? Hindi kagaya dito na tig isa-isa lang." said Klay as she clutched her knees closer to her chest as she watched the night sky.

"Sana darating ang panahon na tayo'y magkita muli, Binibining Klay."

..

"Kahit sa ibang universe pa, Fidel. Pangako yan"