Tayo Ang Endgame

"SUGOD MGA KAIBIGAN! HUWAG IWAN ANG BAKAS NG KASAMAAN SA ATING BAYAN! BIGYAN KATARUNGAN ANG MGA TULAD NATIN NA PINAHIRAPAN, SINAKOP, AT PINASLANG NG MGA DAYUHAN." Elias shouted.

The situation turned for the worst. Because of Klay's interference, the tulisanes planned an attack against the government on the night of Paulita and Juanito's wedding where Simoun, gifted the couple with a lamp that will supposedly be the demise of most of the officials, and wicked friars. 

"Fidel." Klay called out warningly.

"Bb. Klay. Ang pagmamahal na sinasabi mo na ibibigay ko sa bayan, ito na iyon."

"Pero hindi sa ganitong paraan."

"Sa ngayon wala na akong maisip na paraan. Huwag kang mag-alala, aking binibini sapagkat ako ay babalik parin sa iyo."

The two of them just stared at each other for a while. Gunshots can be heard at a distance. Fidel tried to break their gaze to follow his comrades but Klay's worried eyes troubled not only his mind but his heart as well. When her eyes began to well up in tears, he can't help but bite his lips in frustration and pulled her in for an embrace. Klay cried in his arms, hugging him close to her as if it were the last time.

The sweet moment didn't last long. When Klay raised her head from his chest, she saw a shadow behind him. A man with a rifle in hand aiming for Fidel. 

"FIDEL!"

The gunner took his shot and the bullet hit Fidel in the back near his left shoulder.

"K-klay.." Fidel managed to say. At this point, he started to feel weakened and fell on his knees while Klay caught him in time not to fall face-first on the ground. Klay clutches his wound hoping it will somehow help him not lose too much blood.

"Hindi! Fidel lumaban ka. Utang na loob lumaban ka please." Despite his situation, Fidel managed to give Klay a small smile. Tears are also starting to drench his face.

"Hindi ako nagsisisi na ikaw ang minahal ko, Klay"

"Pakiusap huwag kang maghabilin. Kaya mo to. Kaya natin to. Please lumaban ka, Fidel."

"Kahit ilang taon pa akong nag antay, ikaw parin, Binibini. Masilayan man lang kita ngayon ay maligaya na ako."

"Nangako ka! Nangako ka sakin na hindi ka mamamatay!"

"Sana sa aking paglisan sa mundong ito, ako ay ipanganak sa mundo mo."

"Fidel, please naman. Wag mo sakin gawin to. Nakikiusap ako."

"Ang sakripisyo kong ito ay magsilbi sanang patunay na kaya ng isang tulad ko na magbago, at magmahal sa iyo, at as bayan na ito."

" Fidel."

"Mahal na mahal kita, Klay. Hindi nagbago yun." Fidel coughed up blood and Klay cried harder.

"Mahal....Mahal din kita."

After 13 years, he longed to hear her say that. To finally hear her say she loved him too. He never wanted to force her to love him back but he's happy to finally know she felt the same way. 

"Kaya wag mo akong iwan. Lumaban ka. Para sa atin. Para sa akin, Fidel. Diba? Diba tayo pa ang endgame kaya wag mo sakin gawin to Fidel please."

Fidel ended up coughing more blood which sent Klay into a panic. At that moment, Mr. Torres appeared beside her.

"Ms. Infantes."

"MR. TORRES! Mr. Torres please tulungan niyo ho ako. Dalhin natin si Fidel sa mundo natin, sir. Please naman baka magawan pa natin ng paraan."

"Pasensiya na, Ms. Infantes pero this is beyond what I can handle." Mr. Torres said sadly. 

"Hindi. Hindi puwede to. Kaya ko siyang dalhin sa ospital sa mundo natin, kaya ko yun. Sir akin na ang libro."

"Ms. Infantes, binalaan na kita noon. Talagang wala na akong magagawa."

Fidel reached out his hand to touch her face and wiped Klay's face. Klay held his hand while longingly looking into his eyes. The gunshots, screams, and noises of bullets hitting skins are ignored in the background. The two of them sat there in each other's arms with no care in the world, the gap between them getting smaller. Their lips touched and everything else didn't matter.

Klay didn't remember what happened next but then woke up from being unconscious in Rizal Park, surrounded by many people hovering over her. 

"Hindi. HINDI!" she stood up and looked around to see if Mr. Torres or even Fidel is around.

"FIDEL! FIDEL!"

"Ms. huminahon ka, sino si Fidel? Siya ba ang kasama mo?" a stranger asked her worriedly. She felt dizzy with all the people around her and fainted.