003 - the royal arrival

"heavy is the head that wears the crown" - unknown

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"heavy is the head that wears the crown" - unknown

———

    Jon Arryn is dead. It was the news that swarmed Winterfell with whispers, chatter, and gossip.
    For Aloy, it was a loud curse that rang off the training ground walls. Her hands and legs were bandaged up immensely and Maester Luwin was becoming sick of her presence with every visit. Eventually she was given bandages and told to do it herself.
The dire wolf pup she found only a few days prior had grown to be the size of an average mutt. She was astonished at how fast she grew. The she-wolf was named Nyx. A name that represented her night coat and her dark demeanour.
Aloy was desperately trying to train Nyx to do the simplest commands but she would gnash and snarl at her if she got too close.

"How is she doing?"

Aloy turned to see Eddard, cleanly shaven and hair finely cut. He looked to be a proper gentleman, not a shaggy Warden of the North.

"Stubborn. Can't get her to do anything but growl in that stupid corner." Aloy huffed frustratedly, thrashing her arm in the direction of Nyx.

Eddard nodded, "Guess it'll take some time. Why aren't you ready?"

Aloy lifted a brow up, "Ready for what?"

"King Robert is riding to Winterfell. You should've been ready by now." Eddard scolded.

"How come I wasn't told?" Aloy said, her voice getting louder.

Nyx barked angrily, baring her fangs. Eddard's eyes gestured over to the wolf. Aloy sighed and wiped off some dried blood from her left cheek.

"Scared of a wolf? Pathetic." Aloy said, walking with Eddard to the lady's dressing room.

He left with a simple goodbye. Aloy walked in, closing the door immediately behind her. Sansa was having her hair braided by a hand-maiden, Arya was arguing with another about the type of dress she was going to wear.
Catelyn was suddenly in front of her, glaring at her with frigid posture.

"What might you be doing here?" She spoke breathlessly.

"I'm here to prepare for the arrival of King Robert." Aloy told her, her eyes bouncing from her boots to Catelyn.

"This is for—"

"You finally made it!" Arya squealed, running up from behind her mother and jumping into her older sisters arms.