015 - myths and traitors

"it is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply

"it is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply."
- unknown

———

Traitor. A filthy word used for accusing someone of deliberate disloyalty. It was an insult, a seven-letter word that had to be proven.
    Aloy was surrounded by traitors from different ends of the world. It was an expectation from con-men and thieves. However, one thing was for certain:

    Lord Eddard Stark was not one of those men.

    Aloy and Jon had to watch their paternal figure be tossed into prison, resembling a rabid dog with foam leaking from its fangs. The Lannisters used him as an example, an example that if anyone spoke out against them. They'd be severely punished.
    Aloy was in the kitchens, slicing the week's pork into strips for her comrades to gnaw on with their discoloured teeth. The room was eerily quiet as knives cut into meat and vegetables and as the coal brew under a pot of boiling hot stew.
    Aloy was slowly starting to lose it within The Wall. She imagined that the pork was Cersei Lannister, slowly carving into her skin till it showed the bone. It was her only release of anger at the moment.

    Ser Alliser trudged forth, his boots shaking off the morning snow. "Now there's a rare sight— not only bastards, but a traitors bastards."

    Aloy stopped mid-cut through the thigh of the meat. Her eyes burning into the curly blonde hair of Ser Alliser. Jon shared the same glare.
    The siblings shared a look of confirmation. The pair grabbed their knives firmly by the handle, charging for the muscular man.
    Cries rang out as their brothers-in-arms rushed forward to save the decision of doing anything drastic. Erik and Pypar were able to control Aloy, grabbing her by the forearms. Aloy wanted to sink her knife into the eye of Ser Alliser, blind him just like his ignorance has.

    "It's not worth it! Don't do it!" Pypar insisted, struggling to hold back the adrenaline-infused brunette.

    Ser Alliser's lips curled into an amused grin, approaching the Starks menacingly. "Blood will always tell. You'll both hang for this."

    He stalked away, his chin held high as if he'd won a famous battle. Aloy shoved off Erik and Pypar who raised their hands halfway in surrender. Jon was breathing heavily, watching him walk.
    Lord Commander Jeor Mormont watched from a ledge in the kitchens. He wore an emotionless expression.

"I told you two not to do anything stupid. Especially you." Mormont said in a low grumble, facing Aloy mostly. "You're confined to quarters. Go."

Aloy stabbed her knife into the table, splinters appearing. The thud echoed through the kitchen as she took the lead with Jon following close behind.