004 - a woman at the wall

"you may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts

"you may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. you need her, as she needs you." - george r.r martin

———

The presence of both of you may offend the Queen.

It angered Aloy, shoving her sword through the heart of the training dummy in front of her. Jon was beside her, swinging his own sword aimlessly left to right. She wondered if her glare-off with the Queen had any say into Aloy and her brother being banned from the feast. It was humiliating, her starvation fueling her rage even further.

"Is he dead yet?" A familiar masculine voice called.

The pair turned to see their trusted and favored uncle, Benjen Stark. Aloy remembers him fondly, always pleading for him to stay longer before he left for the Nights Watch. He climbed off of his steed, striding towards his smiling niece and nephew.

"Uncle Benjen." Jon greeted warmly, pulling him into a one-armed hug, chuckling loudly.

Benjen pulled away, reaching out for a hug from Aloy, "Little Wolf."

Aloy breathlessly laughed, hugging him strongly. Little Wolf was the only nickname Aloy accepted. Uncle Benjen treated Jon and Aloy like they were humans, like they were part of the family.

"You've gotten bigger. You're almost as tall as Jon here." Benjen joked, dropping the hug. Aloy watched as Benjen scanned his environment, finding no one else except them and the cold. "Rode all day." He started, "They won't leave you alone with the Lannisters?"

Aloy cleared her throat, avoiding Uncle Benjen's gaze. Jon took the opportunity to explain.

"Lady Stark thought it might insult the royal family to seat a bastard in the mix." Jon told him.

Uncle Benjen nodded his head considerately. Aloy's stomach grumbled, she crossed her arms in protest, staring at the archway which led to the massive dining hall. The smell of ale and pork filled her nose, she'll have to raid the kitchens later.

Benjen mentioned, "Always welcome on the wall."

He stared directly at Jon, however, against the rules Aloy was considering riding to the wall as well, becoming the first woman of the Night's Watch. It couldn't hurt and it was worth a shot, anything was better than Winterfell at the moment. Aloy sniffled, getting the attention of both men.

"You said no bastard has been refused correct?"

Benjen nodded, pressing his tongue to the side of his cheek.