005 - mother figure

"as your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won't forget how you made them feel

"as your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won't forget how you made them feel." - kevin heath

———

    Aloy was rushing through the halls, scuffing her feet on the cobblestone. She was in nothing but her nightgown, hair down in matted curls. She had to make sure he was okay. He's never fell before.
    Aloy was the last to receive the news. A handmaiden giving it to her at her bedchambers door. Bran fell from a tower on the outskirts of Winterfell. He hasn't opened his eyes since he hit the ground. Not moving an inch.
She jumped up the stairs, three at a time, until she reached the top. The door swung open, loudly banging against the wall.
Catelyn jumped in shock, eyes wide staring at Aloy, believing she was an intruder.

"You can not be in here." Catelyn spat, her fingers fiddling with a small project she was working on.

Aloy ignored her, focusing on her brother who laid still. He was emotionless, eyes closed and arms laid out over the wolf skin blankets. His hair was laid down on the pillow, sweat gathering on his forehead in a clear sheen. The wolf-skin blanket covered his body, hiding the mangled legs under it. He was an angel, even near possible death.

"How is he?" She asked.

"I don't know." Catelyn said shakily, fingers twitching madly as she attached more sticks to her project.

Aloy walked over, grabbing Bran's hand, taking a deep breath, and sitting on the edge of his bed. Her mind raced with every possibility. His legs could be missing in a days time, he could've died from the fall...he could never wake up.
    Aloy shuddered at the thought, hoping Catelyn wouldn't see and judge her further for being in here.
    She closed her eyes, praying to the old gods and the new for her brothers safe return to the realm. She never believed in religion but knowing she was not a maester or any alchemist. Aloy resorted to a desperate plea.

"You have to go." Catelyn insisted again, letting out a heavy sigh. She could not stand the living and breathing reminder that her husband was unfaithful to her, not once but twice.

"He's my brother, my lady. I have the right to see him." Aloy said, growing angry with Catelyn's ignorance. She couldn't bear to look her in the eyes, afraid she might snap and the fury of all those years of neglect and isolation would take a toll right before Aloy left for The Wall.

Aloy swore she heard Catelyn mumble something under her breath but ignored it for both their sakes. Aloy was reaching her breaking point, she never expected Catelyn to be kind to her, to be a mother, to treat her and Jon like the rest of the Stark children. She simply wanted to be considered a person to her.
    The more Aloy thought about it, the more it enraged her. She bit her tongue, knowing Catelyn would have the pleasure of seeing Aloy leave.