11. Have We Met Before?

Summary: Isla Nublar gets some unwanted visitors. Although, Serenity is very happy to have her dad back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was something wrong with the island. It shook and rumbled and all the animals were nervous. Serenity didn't hold the same instincts as them, and even she felt how wrong everything was. She growled, scaling down the tree to run to Chaos' cave.

Did you feel that? Serenity asked as she came in.

Chaos nodded her head and lifted it, scooping Serenity onto her back and running from the cave. Everything shook and rumbled and something exploded in the distance. Serenity was reminded of the explosion she and Kenji made to distract the Scorpios. It made her smile a little, but the worry came back tenfold.

She had no idea if they were safe, and she didn't know how much time had passed. It felt like years. Serenity shook her head and navigated with Chaos through the trees. Serenity could hear birds cry in fear and Dinosaurs shouting. Something was wrong, very, very wrong.

To the coast, Serenity said.

Chaos nodded and changed direction. She went for the coast and chose a cliff to pass over, shrouded by bushes they were concealed. Serenity jumped off Chaos' back and peeked through the bushes. Her eyes widened when she saw a huge boat and vehicles on the beach, all black and suspicious. There were men everywhere and Dinosaurs were being loaded onto the boat by the dozen.

"What the heck?" Serenity whispered to herself.

Her sharp eyes located someone she thought she recognized, and they widened even more. Was that Hap? She peered closer and squinted. Square jaw, piercing green eyes, white beard, and scarred eye socket. Yep, that was him all right.

His head turned toward her and it seemed like he saw her, his eyes going wide for one moment, but he didn't move. Serenity growled. What was he doing here and who were these cruel men? Chaos poked her head through the bush next to her and cocked her head to the side, her lips curling.

Is that him? she asked.

Serenity nodded. Beside him stood a woman with long orange hair and a man with a sniper rifle over his back. They were different from the people around them, and they seemed to gravitate toward Hap for some reason. Serenity narrowed her eyes.

What do we do? Chaos asked.

Go to that place, Serenity answered. I'll see what the humans want.

Chaos nodded her head and disappeared, her soft footfalls crunching the grass under her feet. Serenity quietly followed after a few moments and made her way to her tree house. She gathered all her things, put most of them in a backpack, and slung it over her back. She placed the bracelet over her arm, the necklace over her neck and all the other things were safe in the backpack.

Then she made her way to camp, where she knew Hap would lead some of the people. She scaled a tree and hid there for what felt like an eternity, watching and waiting quietly. Chaos hadn't returned yet so something might have happened, but Serenity stayed. She didn't want to betray her sister's trust.

Eventually, Hap did appear, and with him the man with the rifle and the woman with the orange hair, along with some of the other people. They all had guns and she didn't like them. Serenity squinted her eyes and watched them, mainly Hap as he surveyed the camp. He could easily see that she hadn't been here in years. He tisked and made to turn around when she softly made her call.

He instantly turned and returned the call. His eyes were wide and hopeful, and his body language was stressful. She could see he was tense.

"What are you doing?" the man with the rifle asked.