13. The Chaos Theory

Summary: Serenity gets involved, even though she didn't want to be. Maybe it's better this way. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... The plan was a bust, Serenity saw that from the beginning. She sat beside Hap in a truck on the road to Lockwood Manor. She could see that the truck Claire and Owen had used was apprehended and that the two of them were gone from the vehicle. She glanced at Hap and he glanced at her, uncertainty in his eyes.

"What do we do?" she asked.

"Nothing," Hap replied. "We wait for a bit. We don't want to get involved."

Serenity nodded her head and agreed. She didn't want more trouble. Chaos' roar from the back startled her a little and Serenity climbed through the little hatch behind her to step onto the cargo platform. The wind whipped at her hair and she grabbed onto the bars of Chaos' cage. Behind them drove more trucks and she could see the faces of the men in the first truck as she climbed the cage. Their jaws dropped when she slipped through the bars and landed on Chaos' back.

What is it? Serenity asked.

Are you sure this plan will work? Chaos asked.

Not particularly...

Chaos huffed in annoyance and nipped at her hair, pulling her off her back and glaring at her. Serenity chuckled, patting her snout and pressing their skin together. She promised her sister everything would be fine, but she knew that was unlikely. She wondered what her friends would have done in this situation.

She looked out over the row of trucks behind them and hoped that nobody would annoy her or Chaos. Wheatley had said that, as long as Serenity didn't trouble anyone, she could stay by her sister's side. Serenity was going to stay by Chaos no matter what Wheatley said, he wasn't going to separate them. She'd kill him.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the mansion and Serenity was able to look around a little. She was taken to the basement, along with her sister and the other Dinosaurs, where they were placed in small cages, about to be sold. Serenity slipped away soon enough and hid away from everyone, leaving Hap to his job so she could look around.

She decided it was best to find Claire and Owen, and soon found them in the basement. They were in a cell adjacent to a Stygi, and some asshole was talking to them with Wheatley by his side. Serenity hid and watched. A hiss came from behind her and she was startled, keeping her mouth shut as she slowly turned to look behind her into the darkness.

A big, orange eye looked at her, blinking slowly to gauge if she was a threat or not.

This was not a Dinosaur from Nublar, Serenity knew it instantly. It was strange and reminded her of the Scorpios Rex she and the kids had fought. She slowly crept toward it, on all fours as her hair dragged behind her. She sniffed the Dinosaur. It smelled file.

Who are you? she softly growled.

You speak my tongue? the Dinosaur asked curiously.

Serenity nodded her head and straightened, stopping just before a yellow line. She knew what the line was for and kept her distance, knowing the Dinosaur would probably try to kill her if she came any closer.

Who are you? Serenity asked again.

I have no name, the Dinosaur replied. They call me Experiment 626.

My name is Serenity, the girl replied. You were created, weren't you? For these men to manipulate.

The Dinosaur bobbed its head in a nod. It seemed... sad, for some reason. Serenity could tell that it had a lot of emotions and that it had probably never seen the sun. It was bred here, kept like some kind of pet, and used as they pleased. She felt angry knowing all this from simply looking at the animal.