12. Leaving Isla Nublar

Summary: It's finally time to say goodbye to the place Serenity has been calling home for the last 13 years. Mainland, here she comes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boat was slowly leaving the docks and Serenity could see that nobody was paying any attention to her. So, she slipped from the cage and made her way onto a truck not far from the ramp. She could see Owen and Claire running, along with Franklin. She's seen Hap get on board earlier, and though he had spotted her, he had opted to ignore her for now. For her safety.

Serenity bit her lip when Franklin fell and she watched as Claire got into the truck. She could see they were scared, that they were terrified of dying. She watched with bated breath as they all got into the truck and it sped toward the boat. The ramp fell into the water and the truck careened onto it, hissing loudly as the tires screeched. A moment later, the tires got some grip and the truck was flung into the hold before Claire pushed on the brakes harshly.

Serenity smiled and returned to Chaos.

They got in, she told her sister.

Good, go see them, Chaos said.

Are you sure? Serenity asked.

Chaos nodded her head and gently pushed Serenity back through the bars, laying down to sleep through the journey. Chaos knew that something was bound to go wrong, so she opted for some rest and quiet while she got the chance. She would stay by Serenity's side at all times when she was out of the cage. No Humans would be harmed by her. Serenity had told her a little about the fact that they were supposed to go to a Sanctuary, but they both wanted to find Limbo instead.

Their sister definitely wasn't on this Sanctuary island, that was for sure.

I'll be back soon, Serenity said.

Chaos nodded again and Serenity left, making her way to the truck. The crew of the ship looked very confused when she passed them, but Serenity didn't care. She was allowed to be there, unlike Claire and Owen.

Something was up with the way they had gotten here and Serenity didn't trust anything at the moment. She walked up to the truck and saw Claire putting on a cap before the redhead stepped out. She spotted Serenity and ushered her over.

"Are you okay?" the woman asked.

Serenity nodded her head, "I am fine."

"Good," Claire said.

A low bellow startled the two of them and Serenity climbed onto the top of the truck to watch as Isla Nublar, the only home she had ever known, disappeared slowly. A Brachiosaurus appeared on the docks and tried to follow after them, but was engulfed in ash and flames instead. The low bellow of pain and the cries of other Dinosaurs hurt Serenity, but she was glad to be on the boat.

When she got down, Owen and Franklin joined Claire. They all looked at her with small smiles and she returned the look. They were exhausted and scared and in no shape to fight anyone or anything. Serenity was going to take care of them.

"Do you know where Blue is?" Owen asked.

"Yes," Serenity said. "I saw her being loaded onto the ship with that other woman."

"Can you show us the way?" Owen asked softly.

Serenity nodded and helped them get to the truck safely without being seen. She waited in front of the tarp as they discussed plans with the other woman – Zia – and then got back out to tell her about it. Serenity told them she would stay out of it. She had seen enough trouble for her lifetime and they totally understood.