06. Phone Call

- Georgia Monroe - 

 - Georgia Monroe - 

I did it. I spoke to my friends, and we have come to the mutual decision that Camille Martin was the one that ruined all of our lives and that we never needed her in the first place. 

So, why was I on the brink of tears when it felt like everything in my life was starting to come together? because I had been asked by my favorite brother to wait until 9pm, eastern standard time, so that we could call. 

All my friends had gone out so that they could get to know the three girls in my dorm. We were all becoming a bigger friendship group. Plus, I had asked for some time alone, as I hadn't been given any space since Monday morning, and now it was Friday night. 

I had finished my very first, full week at my boarding school in New Jersey, and my two eldest brothers probably didn't know that. 

Ace wasn't even there to take my first day of school photo, like he promised he would, because last year, it wasn't proper. It was my first day, not my brothers, and he thought it would be nice to have one this year, where we all start on the same day. 

But there is no point in explaining the past. I watched as the numbers on my phone and the bedside clock turned over to 9:00 at the exact same time. 

My phone was dead silent, just like I knew it would be. 

 I had really hoped that he wouldn't lie to me. Ace was always on time; he never seemed to miss a beat. So, I knew if he didn't call on time, he had lied, yet once again. I can't believe he turned out to be like everyone else. 

Just as I was about to power down my phone for the night, as I would normally have to during the week before I put it in the 'phone box' for the night, the sound of my phone blared loudly in the eerily quiet room. 

It sent chills up and down my back as I watched the curtains fly open due to the open window. I quickly pressed the green button, seeing my brothers name flash on the bright screen. 

"Georgia" he breathed in what seemed like relief. It wasn't like he had been trying to call me for hours on end, so I don't understand why he was so relieved. He was also the one that was 2 minuets over time. 

"Ace" my voice was so flat I was surprised that it was even my own voice. I suppose a month away from the person you trusted really changes who you are.

"How are you, bambina?" he hadn't spoken to me for almost a month and he thought it was just ok to call me his baby girl? I know I was probably overreacting, but how can you go from seeing someone, to thinking they had potentially died because you hadn't heard a word from them for a month? 

"Are you serious Ace? You didn't even say goodbye to me, and you think it is okay to just ask how I am like nothing happened? I bet you know nothing about what has changed since you disappeared