Chapter 3: Friends or Foes?

Ariana slowly woke up and rose up from the bed. "I'm in... My room?" Ariana asked looking around. She saw an inhaler on the table next to the bed. "Oh, right. I blacked out, because I had an asthma attack." Ariana said. "So that was it?" Joshua asked leaning his back against the door.

She let out a short scream. "W-What are you doing here?!" Ariana exclaimed. "I'm just here to check up on you. So, you have an asthma problem?" Joshua asked. "Y-Yes..." Ariana answered. "You should've told me about this sooner." Joshua said.

She was about to say something rash but stopped herself. "Well... Thank you for getting an inhaler for me." Ariana said. "Just don't let it happen again." Joshua said. "Sometimes I can't help i, so don't assume that I can't make another mistake, because I'm not perfect." Ariana said. "You're a strange woman." Joshua said. "You're the strange one here!" Ariana exclaimed. "Oh? How so?" Joshua asked. "You just are! Y-You always interrupt me on everything, and that's how I got into this mess! Being stuck here when you don't even want me here!" Ariana said and sadly looked down. He raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Joshua asked. "It's nothing." Ariana said. "Fine. I'll go now." Joshua said and left. She clenched her hands into fists.

It has been nearly a week since Ariana has been staying at the Dres Van Kingdom. She had one and a half piles of papers filled out. "I still have a lot more to do..." Ariana said and groaned.

She had a flashback about the day she blacked out. She heard Joshua's voice when she was losing conscious. "Hey! Stay with me!" Joshua said. The flashback ended. "Why am I thinking about that?" Ariana asked herself. "Hello!" Roberto said appearing behind her.

She screamed while turning around. "Roberto! When did you get here?!" Ariana exclaimed. "Just now. You seemed that you were spaced out for a second." Roberto said. "I was taking a breather. I'm almost a quarter done with all of this." Ariana said. "You sure work fast. You sure are eager to get out of here." Roberto said and laughed. "You have no idea." Ariana said. "But despite that, how have you been?" Roberto asked. "Alright, I guess." Ariana said. "Has Josh been giving you a hard time?" Roberto asked. "I can list off a million things, trust me." Ariana said. Roberto laughed at her response. "That's what he said! You two seem like you're at each other's throats." Roberto said. "He thinks so too? He's so..." Ariana said and huffed. "Prince Roberto, what are you doing in here?" Joshua asked coming in the room.

"I just wanted to see my good friend." Roberto said. "Leave her alone. She doesn't need friends." Joshua said. "Hey!" Ariana exclaimed. "You can't just cut off a friendship like that." Roberto said. "I was only joking. Why did you take it so seriously?" Joshua asked. "It sure didn't sound like a joke." Ariana said. "Quiet, you." Joshua said. She glared at him and turned away.

Roberto laughed at their little quarrel. "You two sooner or later need to learn how to get along." Roberto said. "I don't want to be friends with a commoner." Joshua said. "And I don't want to be friends with someone who acts like a complete jerk." Ariana said. "Excuse me? Would you like to say that again?" Joshua asked getting close to her face. "You're. A. Complete. Jerk." Ariana said. "I will never be your friend, and I don't think of you as a woman either, you're just a thing." Joshua said. "You're such a jerk wad of a prince!" Ariana said. "Alright. Alright. Calm down you two." Roberto said getting in between them. "Well, she started it." Joshua said. "Now, Josh. Please don't be hard on her. She's been under stress since she has to fill out all of those papers." Roberto said. "It's her fault that she came here illegally." Joshua said. "No! It's your fault for bringing me here!" Ariana exclaimed. "You guys..." Roberto said. "Stay out of this!" They both said. "Oh... Ok then, I'll be on my way..." Roberto said and left. (A/N: Poor Robby XD)