Three

Olivia's POV:

"Does it hurt? Hey, look at me." The fox simply says as Scott hesitantly looks up. "You should have done your reading, Scott. See, a Nogitsune feeds off chaos, strife, and pain. This morning, you and Olivia took it from Isaac, coach, and then from a dying deputy." He looks over at me. "And you, you have the most of it which kind of explains why your powers haven't been working."

I clench my jaw. "What are you talking about?"

"Remember that shadow you first met at that banshees party?" He asked and my eyes widen. "I was there with you through the start of it all. I was only a fragment inside your head which then proceeded to get bigger and bigger and bigger." He twisted the sword more as Scott lets out another groan in pain. "All that pain I caused for you, I made it happen. All those lives that were lost, I'm the one that controlled for it to happen. Those visions you had where some of your friends died, I made sure you remembered the screams that came out of your mouths, the gut-wrenching heartbreak of losing someone you care about, I created all of that pain. You both took it all." He looks back up at Scott and cups the side of his face. "Now, give it to me."

Black veins begin to travel from Scott's face to the Fox's hand which causes him to gasp at the amount inside.

He shoves Scott away to the floor and stormed his way over to me, causing my eyes to widen.

"Stiles wait, don't—" He clamps both of his hands on my face, cutting me off from my sentence as I feel everything drain from inside me which causes my eyes to roll back.

"It's a shame that you could've had a real life. I thought you'd be the smart one to figure this out. You really have to learn, Olivia. You really have to learn not to trust a fox." I feel him move a hand away and it snaps me back to him with his face close, holding a smirk on his face. "Mm-mmm. Wanna know why? 'Cause, they're tricksters. They'll fool ya. They'll fool everyone...and now, Chaos has come again!"

A sword plunges through my chest but instantly I snapped my eyes open with a gasp, frantically looking around the hospital break room with panted breaths.

I quickly pat under my scrubs and I sigh in relief as I lean back against the chair. Just a nightmare. Just a stupid traumatizing nightmare.

"Someone's finally awake!" A coffee cup is placed in front of me which causes me to jump at the sudden item. "Figured you needed a pick-me-up."

I offer a tired smile, watching as Aislinn took a seat in front of me. "What would I do without you?"

"Suffer from the long agonizing hours to deal with our medical director." She snorted. "Anyway, how'd it go with the school?" I wince in remembrance. "That bad?"

"Suspended for a month and got kicked out of their school art show."

"I'll bet that pissed him off."

I take a sip of my coffee. "You have no idea. He blames me for what happened to my...well, my ex-wife." I mumble before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Ouch."

"Yeah, ouch."

"Have you two ever sat down to talk about it?"

I shook my head. "Not really. A day or two after the service, I pretty much went right back to work to make enough money to move. I couldn't be in that house anymore."

"What about your family? Or your other friends that may or may not be just as cool as me." She playfully nudged my foot. "Or whoever you didn't add to your contact list that's been spamming your phone."