Sixteen

Olivia's POV:

"Griffin," I whisper as I painfully clutched onto my side and pushed myself to stand with a glare. "Leave him out of this!"

"Want to know the hard part about attempting to take over your body all those years ago? You refused to let down your walls unless it came to threatening someone you love." The Nogitsune tutted. "It's why I went for someone easier, like Stiles. He outsmarted me and won, I'll give him that but Griffin on the other hand?" He gestured to himself. "His fears were too unbearable to ignore. His hopeless mindset made it so easy to take control!"

"Enough, take me!" Scott shouted as he took a step forward. "Let the others go."

"All the lives here belong to me." He stated. "Once I get my hands on the rest of the blood from the Phoenix herself, I'll be unstoppable!" He growls.

"He doesn't deserve to be in the crossfire! Kill me and he gets to be set free!" Scott immediately argues.

"Scott--" Derek warns.

I quickly shake my head. "No! I'll take his spot! He's my son!"

"You need her alive to drain the rest of the Phoenix blood so it has to be me!" Scott countered, not bothering to spare a glance my way. "Allison kills me, that's the move that wins the game, isn't it? You'll win if you drain the rest of Olivia's powers and kill me instead of dragging Griffin into this. It's the perfect trade-off for her to do what you say!"

Griffin tilts his head to the side. "I've already won." The Nogitsune snarled.

"You lose! Until I'm off the board!" Scott angrily shouts. "I'm still standing! And I'm still the alpha!"

"An arrow to the heart to save everyone else?" Griffin looks over to everyone else tied to their spots. "All the other players go free."

Griffin looks back over to Allison and waves his hand, causing the bow to quickly land in her hands.

Allison worriedly glances between Scott and I. "Olivia--"

"Kill him, Allison," Griffin snarled, showing off his metallic razor-sharp teeth and bringing the knife closer to Eli's throat. "and I win the game."

"Allison--"

The clicking of the Oni causes me to turn, instantly feeling the tip of their katana blade press against my back.

"In case you need more convincing." Griffin snarled and Allison guiltily met Scott's eyes.

"Scott, Griffin's my—"

"It's okay. Don't apologize for choosing your family." Scott reassured with a weak smile and nodded. "Do it."

Allison hesitantly nods before loading an arrow into the bow. She takes a deep breath before she pulls the string back, carefully aiming at where Scott stood.

 She takes a deep breath before she pulls the string back, carefully aiming at where Scott stood