Ten

Olivia's POV:

Thankfully it doesn't take very long to carefully load Derek in the car but somehow Malia ended up being the one to drive us to Derek's place.

You'd think after she first started to learn how to drive, she'd be better at it but boy was I wrong.

Malia swerves the car at a turn and immediately Kira grabs onto the handle with a terrified expression. "Oh god, I forgot how much I hated driving with Malia."

"For your information, I'm not a bad driver." Malia scoffed and my eyes widened, seeing as she casually ran the red light. "That doesn't count."

"Running a red light definitely falls into that category of being a terrible driver."

"It was yellow when I passed the line."

"Normally I'd disagree but with Derek's blood getting all over my clothes," I mutter, switching hands so that I could put another rag against his neck since his head was on my lap. "I say step on it."

"How did you know we would be at the school?" Scott curiously asked. "Actually, how did the Nogitsune even escape?"

"Yeah, I thought Isaac was supposed to keep an eye on it." I add. "He put a ton of locks and everything!"

"Because of the damages Monroe's hunter army left on Cora's old pack in South America, she wanted someone to tag along with her to repair their village for a couple of months and he volunteered to go. The problem was that he didn't want to bring the Nogitsune fly with him and endanger a pack of werewolves so he wanted someone who already had their fair share of experience to look after it." Kira explained with a nervous smile as she gestured to herself. "Me. My parents already have enough bad memories with the Nogitsune and I didn't want to put them through that again."

"Good choice." Scott lightly chuckled and Kira offered a small smile.

"So how does Hikari and Liam fit into this?" I questioned.

"A while back, Liam told me about some girl he befriended who discovered that she's a part of the Kitsune line and had trouble controlling her abilities. Rather than sending her off to the Skinwalkers for a couple of years and since they deemed me worthy to look after other potential Kitsunes, I offered to train her as long as they helped me keep the triskelion container safe. I've been staying with them ever since."

"Clearly that didn't work." Malia snorted.

Kira winced. "Yeah...clearly. Some person in a hood easily took us down. Almost like they studied our moves beforehand." She muttered in discomfort. "I knew that as soon as the Nogitsune escaped, it would come here to get its revenge against all of us. God, it's all my fault."

"Hey," Scott leaned forward and placed his hand on her arm in comfort. "You did everything that you could. If you hadn't gone to Hikari and Liam, who knows if that person would've left you for dead? Don't blame yourself." The comment causes her to smile but Scott's eyes slightly widen before he quickly leans back in his spot. "Because you know--we all would've done the same. Right guys?"

"Of course." I reassure.

"Maybe. Probably would've told Isaac it's his problem and not mine." I sent a pointed look at Malia through the mirror but she shrugged. "Just saying."

"Eli!" Derek's eyes shoot open and he tries to lift his head from my lap but I force him down, keeping the rag pressed against his neck. "Eli."

"Derek, stop." I scold. "You're gonna bleed out the more you squirm."

"We're gonna find him." Scott reassured. "But we have to help you first."

"No. No, Eli." He rasped. "His ankle...he twisted it. He can't run."