Twelve

A/N: Sorry yall finals rn are keeping me occupied <3

Griffin's POV:

It was pure chaos.

Eli and I were forced to hide away, helplessly watching as Deaton, Sheriff Stilinski, Derek, and Kira tried to fight off the Oni.

Gunshots from Sheriff Stilinski practically ruptured my ears from how close the bullets were flying since the Oni easily knocked it away with its sword, clashes from the katana blades as Kira and another one of the Oni fought to overpower the other, even Deaton miraculously pulled out an electrified baton from his belt to electrocute the Oni by stabbing it on its sides.

Another one of the Oni tries to lunge in my direction but Derek is quick enough to block the slash with a cooking pan before harshly shoving it away from Eli and I.

"Ahhh!" I snap my head towards Sheriff Stilinski's cries, my eyes widening at the sight of the Oni's katana blade piercing through his chest until he disappears into a cloud of black smoke.

Another one of the Oni harshly kicks down at Deaton's leg which causes him to fall on his knees. The electric baton clatters to the ground but before Deaton can pick it up, the Oni slices down at his neck which causes the man to also disappear into a cloud of black smoke.

Kira crashes into the coffee table and I try to move to help her but Eli strongly holds me back. "Griffin, don't!"

"Kira!"

She quickly deflects the downward slash but within seconds, another Oni stabs the sword through her stomach which causes her to let out a cry as she disappears in front of me.

Derek lets out a roar as he slams the Oni's head, who tried to attack me before, into the kitchen island several times before chucking its body out the window.

Derek turns to us as his eyes fade from blue to his regular color and just as he takes a step forward--

"Dad!"

Eli tries to warn but instantly the Oni behind him stabs its sword through Derek's chest which causes him to pause in his steps.

Derek's eyes met mine, giving a look that practically read 'take care of Eli' before he looked at his son. "Remember who you are." He whispered through his labored breath as began to disappear like the others.

The four Oni turn to us but before the closest one can move a step, someone harshly kicks them away which causes the Oni to crash into the couch.

A familiar hand grasps Eli's arm and drags us out of the kitchen. "Come on!" Malia shouted as she forced Eli and I to run down to the basement.

But because the steps were narrow, the three of us painfully tumbled down the steps.

"Come on!" Malia urged once we got to the bottom, forcing Eli and I to our feet.

However, the sounds of clicking caused me to look behind, watching as the shadows began to form into the Oni once more as they raised their katanas at Eli.

I harshly shove Eli forward and before I know it, the katana pierces through my stomach instead. "Agh!"

Eli and Malia look back with their eyes wide. "No, Griffin!" I heard them shout before my surroundings were clouded with black smoke.

Olivia's POV:

"Allison--" Scott maneuvers around the slash from her dagger and blocks the next hit with his arm. "if you just give me one second I can tell you--"

She harshly elbows his arm and swiftly slices her dagger across his ribcage which causes him to stagger back. Before he could recover, she kicks down at his chest which sends him rolling across the grass. "You killed half my family."