Chapter 1

Enola

Buzz Buzz

I woke up because of the harsh buzzing sound. They're back. I thought.

I sighed and got up from my bed. Can you even call it a bed? It's just an old mattress they found near the trash. They just gave me a pillow and a very thin blanket. If I was a normal human I would have to wear multiple clothes to be able to feel warm. But I guess I have that bastard, Ares to thank for. And that it is currently spring.

I walked out of my "room" which is the basement and walked up the stairs.

"Bitch, where are you?" yelled James, my adoptive father. "Probably sleeping around", sneered Elara, my adoptive mother. I sighed and said, "I'm here."

They both whipped their heads toward where I was standing. They could barely stand on their two feet. You could smell the alcohol on them.

"You little slut, you have been sleeping around, haven't you?!?!", James yelled. He came and punched me in the jaw. I fell, and Elara kicked me in the ribs. I got another kick in my stomach. James walked over to me with a knife. And I understood what was going to happen. "No, no, no, please don't," I begged pathetically.

Gosh, what I have to do to not risk exposing my identity.

⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬⨫⨬

After my little beat-up session, I went into the basement and took some painkillers. I entered the bathroom and stripped my clothes. I looked into the mirror and all I saw was a girl with scars on her body. I am not insecure about my body. It's just that the scars remind me of the past. But it's not like I have that many. Just a few there and a few over there.

My body was covered in red bruises.

I stepped into the shower and let my muscles unwind under the lukewarm water.

When I stepped out, I grabbed a pair of gray sweatpants, a t-shirt with some random writing, a gray hoodie, and white Nike socks, and slipped them on.

I looked at the broken clock on the basement walls. 5:45 am. Looks like I got to make breakfast. I headed upstairs to the kitchen and took out a frying pan and some eggs.

Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Enola Xena Vance. I am 17 years old. I live in Los Angeles. I don't quite remember my family. Just some memories from when I was about 5, but that was in some dark basement. I remember getting kidnapped when I was 7. It was an organization that trained little kids to be assassins. And I was one of them.

They trained us every day, in boxing, hand-to-hand combat, how to hack, how to use guns, knives, bows, bombs, you name it. They taught us how to kill. They made us into machines that killed for them.

Some kids were especially good at being an assassin. They injected many types of drugs into them making them immune to other types of drugs, poison, and medicines. And I was one of those kids.

Later on, I escaped from there when I was 14, with many of her friends, including Stella. She is like a sister to me. I made many connections down there. Since many of the kids they kidnapped came from powerful families. I became close with the Don of the German Mafia. And I knew the heirs to the Spanish Mafia and French Mafia. Once I got out of there I started my own company. With help, of course.

When they were training us, they made sure we were educated. So, they taught us. I don't have to go to high school since I have already graduated. And the same goes for college.

I have Ph.D., a Bachelor in Architecture, a Doctoral degree, a Computer Science degree, a Biotech Engineering degree, an Aeronautical Engineering degree, and many more. I know how to read, write, and speak many languages. Some of those languages include English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Urdu, Korean, Hindi, Japanese, Telugu, Marathi, and a few more but I am not gonna bore you with them. I have a pretty high IQ, about 200.

Umm, I like cars and guns. I am an underground fighter and underground racer. I love kids. And I am definitely not as innocent as I look. But I am a virgin. I have self-respect. I am not going to sleep with someone I don't even know. This is completely unnecessary, but I like whiskey. The others call me weird because I like my whiskey straight out of the bottle, with no water or ice cubes.

Anyway, after I finished making breakfast, I placed the eggs on a plate and added salt & pepper. Made three cups of coffee, two lattes, and one black coffee, for me. I placed it on the counter and grabbed my backpack and keys.

My motorcycle is a few blocks away from here. Don't want those drug addicts to find it. They will probably sell it for drugs.

So you might be wondering, you are an underground fighter and racer, an assassin, and own a company. Why don't you leave your abusive, adoptive parents? That is because I am still 17. I can kill them easily but if I do I will be put into foster care again. I might get a better or worse family. And I don't feel like taking that risk. So I just have to bear with them for a few more months and then I will be out of here.

※ ~ ⁜ ~ ⁘ ~ ⁝ ~ ⁚ ~ ⁖ ~ ⁙ ~ ⁛ ~ ⁞ ~ ⁎ ~ ⁑ ~ ⁂~ ° ~ ‣ ~¨ ~ ⁌ ~ ⁍ ~ º

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you liked it! I know it's not that long. Sorry!

-J.M

※ ~ ⁜ ~ ⁘ ~ ⁝ ~ ⁚ ~ ⁖ ~ ⁙ ~ ⁛ ~ ⁞ ~ ⁎ ~ ⁑ ~ ⁂~ ° ~ ‣ ~¨ ~ ⁌ ~ ⁍ ~ º

Are you in middle school, high school, college, or university, or graduated from all of these?

Do you have a job, what is it?

Word Count: 1,028