Chapter 4

Dimitri

I sighed. All this paperwork is killing me. I need some action. Maybe I should head down to the basement and torture the guys Carlo brought in yesterday. Those fucking bastards haven't payed me in the past 5 weeks.

I sighed and started looking back at all the decisions I have made. Like that time I got Enola an enormous, pink, fluffy teddy bear. She was so excited. I remember stressing over it so much. I got it specially made for her from Germany. But all that worrying was worth it because I got to see that bright smile of hers.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice when my phone started ringing. It was from an unknown number. I let out a frustrated sigh and picked it up. 

"Hello, is this Mr. Romano?", a rough voice asked.

"Yes," I replied in an cold voice. I wasn't in a good mood, not after this call disturbed me.

"Sir, I am Maya Whitlock from the New York Police Department and Social Services. James Vance and Elara Vance have just passed away from an drug overdose. After some searching we found out that your sister, Enola Xena Vance has been staying with them over the years. As it turns out they had legally adopted your sister. So we were wondering if you wanted to take custody of her since she is your biological sister and currently does not have an guardian?" she said softly.

The fuck!?!

We finally found her! And those asshole's James and Elara.

"Hello, Mr. Romano, are you still there?" she asked, confused.

"Yes, umm, yes." I said in disbelief.

"So will you be willing to take custody of Enola?" she asked. 

"You better not be kidding, because if I find out this is a joke I will kill you." I said with anger and frustration laced in my voice.

"N-no sir I am not joking." she said.

I sighed and ran my hand through my already messed up hair. "Okay, I would love to take custody of Enola. I will be there as soon as I can." I said and ended the call. 

I missed her. I am glad she is coming back... but how are we gonna tell her about us being in the Italian Mafia? 

I sighed and called Antonio. 

"I need to you to prepare the private jet as soon as you can. I need to go to New York." I said.

"New York? Why? What's wrong?" he questioned.

Should I tell him?

"We found her." 

"What? Enola? She is alive? Oh my god, oh my god! She's coming back?!?!?!" he exclaimed.

I slightly smiled, it has been a while since he has been this happy. We all missed her. We were like a puzzle with an missing piece, but now it feels like we will be complete.

"Yeah, she is alive. James and Elara just passed away from an drug overdose. Apparently they took her to New York and legally adopted her. The police department called and they asked I wanted to take custody of her. And of course I agreed." I said to him. It was still hard for me to believe it. 

She really is coming back.

"I am coming with you. I just messaged the pilot he is will be at the airport in an half-hour. We are just gonna pick her up and come back, right?" he asked me.

"I am gonna pick her up and come back. You will be staying here." I said. In about 3 seconds he is gonna retort. 

One

Two

Thre-

"What?!?! No, I am coming with you! She is my sister too!" he yelled. I moved the phone from my ear and waited for him to stop his rant.

"She is your sister, but I need someone here for security measures. And you are the only other person besides me, that knows about this. You can tell Giovanni and you two can prepare a room for her as well while I am gone."

"But-"

"No buts Antonio, I will bring her back. You take care of it here." I interrupted him. 

He sighed loudly and grumbled, "When will you be back?"

"I don't know but I will try to bring her back as quick as I can."

"Have you told dad?" he asked.

"No, I haven't. You tell him. I don't want to tell him, he will just ask a million questions and he will want to come with me." I said.

"About what will I ask a million questions about? And why would I want to come with you?" asked a deep voice, that I recognized as my dad.

Well shit.

"I will call you back Antonio." I said, sighing.

"Umm.... well we found Enola." I said nervously. I was defiantly not in the mood for him yelling at me.

He took a few seconds to try to process it. And then he started to yell at me.

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS IMPORTANT TO TELL ME?!?! SEI UN FOTTUTO IDIOTA. TI SCUOIERO VIVO, CAZ-" he started to yell at me in Italian.

(You are a fucking idiot. I'll fucking skin you aliv-)

"Calm down dad. You can come with me. We have about 15 minutes to get to the airport. Let's go." I said interrupting him and his little rant. 

I grabbed my keys and my phone and started to head for the door with an very angry dad behind me.

※ ~ ⁜ ~ ⁘ ~ ⁝ ~ ⁚ ~ ⁖ ~ ⁙ ~ ⁛ ~ ⁞ ~ ⁎ ~ ⁑ ~ ⁂~ ° ~ ‣ ~¨ ~ ⁌ ~ ⁍ ~ º

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

- J.M

※ ~ ⁜ ~ ⁘ ~ ⁝ ~ ⁚ ~ ⁖ ~ ⁙ ~ ⁛ ~ ⁞ ~ ⁎ ~ ⁑ ~ ⁂~ ° ~ ‣ ~¨ ~ ⁌ ~ ⁍ ~ º

What is some exciting news you just found out about?

Where are you reading this?

Word Count: 968