Reunion

Requested by @AllisonTart

"Keigo!"

The young boy turned around to see you running toward him with the largest smile plastered on your face. He returned the smile, the corners of his lips pulling upwards as he started to run towards you too.

You stopped abruptly and held his hands. "Come on, the ice cream shop opened up! I got some money from my mom, we should go!"

His smile falters for a second, but it returns brighter than ever. He nods, then you lead the way holding on to his hand.

You stayed with him until dark, playing on the play structures and ending the day on the swing set. Your feet slowly swing back and forth trying to reach a new height as Keigo barely swings in comparison.

Upon reaching the highest you can go, you release the swing as it launches you into the air. For a second, you feel weightless as your momentum makes it feel as if you're flying. You land on your feet, stumbling to your knees but landing successfully. You pop back up on your feet and look over your shoulder at Keigo, "Did you see that? How high did I go this time?"

Keigo flinches when he realizes you are talking to him. He stops swinging to say, "Oh, sorry, I didn't see."

Your brows furrow at his response, adding this to the list of how strange Keigo had been all day. You step towards Keigo and stop before him. Crossing your arms you ask, "What's wrong? You've been weird all day. You didn't even play cops and robbers with me even you love to play."

His head hangs slightly in shame and he avoids your stare. "It's nothing."

You grab the chains of the swing he sits on and give it a shake. His little wings spread open slightly as he tries to maintain his balance. The sight of wings catch your attention—you've always thought of them to be the prettiest wings you've ever seen.

His wings fold on his back once you stop shaking his swing, but he still doesn't look at you.

You crouch to get a better look at him when you realize the tears starting to spill from his eyes. "Why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

Keigo shakes his head, his wings now spreading to envelop his body as he wipes his eyes.

"Did something bad happen?" You ask.

Keigo shakes his head and keeps shaking until it turns into a slow nod.

"What happened?"

Keigo opens his eyes and finally looks at you. You're still crouching at his feet, your hands placed on his knees to balance yourself, and eyebrows furrowed in concern for him.

His lips tremble as he answers, "I'm going away tomorrow."

"Oh..."

He wipes his face again, despite the absence of tears. "I don't wanna go. I wanna stay here with you."

He hiccups, and continues wiping his eyes as more tears start to form. "But I need to go."

Keigo has been your closest friend ever since you moved into this new city. You had met him at this very play structure. Back then, he was a silent boy always holding onto an Endeavor plush. These past few weeks, he smiles brightly at you and you love to play games with him.

Now, you're losing the one person you can call friend.

"Why are you leaving?" You finally ask.

He shakes his head, a small whimper escapes his lips as he hides his face. His wings tremble as he tries to keep wiping his tears.

You heart squeezes at the thought of losing your friend. But it won't be forever.

You clap your hands, making the boy flinch and stop wiping his face. You hold out your pinky as you say, "Promise me."