Chapter 5

My class was just filling in, the students taking their usual seats. Trevor, appraised me as he walked in, like I was bull he was debating on buying. He's a weird kid, I'd made that observation the first week of the course. He raised an eyebrow at me as he slouched into his seat.

"Does anyone have any questions about World War I before we go on?" I asked, putting my notes for the day on my podium and bringing up a slideshow on the projector, once everyone was seated. Trevor raised his hand.

"How was your night, Mr. S?" I couldn't help but grin, thinking about last night, about Piper.

"That has nothing to do with the world war." I shook my head, he shrugged.

"I care about you Mr. S." He said, faking a look of admiration. "Do you know what you need?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "You need to get laid." My jaw dropped slightly. The class laughed, Trevor looked pleased with himself.

"How on earth did you make the dean's list?" I asked, squeezing the bridge of my nose.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He said, winking at me.

"Anyway, the Bolsheviks."

Piper's POV

Aubrey sat at her desk, the last student left. This happens every now and again. A student's ride doesn't show up or is late. She seemed content to sit around and draw, though. I sat at my desk, trying to occupy myself instead of thinking about Harry. I tried grading papers, but I found it too frustrating since the kids hadn't grasped the uses of commas. I was about to give up and talk to Aubrey when I heard a knock on the door frame.

"Sorry I'm late." He grinned and I rolled my eyes, holding back a smile. He was probably purposely late, knowing him.

"You're fine." I said, standing from my desk. Aubrey continued to draw, minding her own business, but I guessed that she was already listening in.

"When can I see you again?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my desk, facing me.

"Keep your voice down!" I walked toward the door, stepping over his long legs. I poked my head out, making sure none of the other teachers were wandering the hallways.

"Why?" He asked shrugging as the door squeaked closed. I glanced toward Aubrey suggestively and walked back toward my desk, standing in front of Harry. He put a hand on my waist. My heart sputtered, his hand touch leaving my skin tingling under my shirt.

"Because if anyone finds out and it gets to the office, I could get fired." He nodded understanding, another great quality of his.

"How about tomorrow? We could go get some coffee and catch a movie, if you'd like." His voice had lowered noticeably. I shook my head.

"I can't. I'm having dinner with Mia." Dinner with Mia had become our routine for Wednesdays after our yoga class. He nodded.

"Daddy, let's go!" Aubrey whined, dragging her book bag on the ground, heading for the door.

"Duty calls, Piper- Jane." He leaned over and kissed my cheek before heading out of the door, picking Aubrey up on his way out.

~

"How was that not a date?" Mia asked as she bent down to put her hands on her mat, following the instructor's directions. We were in the back of the class, in hopes that the strict instructor wouldn't hear us talking about Harry. I had told her everything about the date, only sparing the more precious moments.

"Because, if it's a date, then I could be fired." I copied her position, feeling the pull in my thighs.

"So it's an issue of labels?" I nodded as she moved a piece of freshly dyed hair out of her face. "Well when are you going to see Mr. Handsome again?"