Scene 1

Akilan pov:

"What happened Meera? Why are you looking tensed?" grandpa enquired my mom.

"Amma, why are you crying?" I too asked her worryingly.

"Akilan" she whispered by placing her palm on my cheek.

"What happened amma?" I again asked her by whiping her precious tears.

"The.. They...." she tried but all she ended up is crying.

"Appa bring water" I asked papa who is also looking worried as same as everyone.

"Meera here have it" appa says by showing the glass of water near her lips.

Mumma take few sips only to shed some more tears.

"Meera look at me, what is it please you are worrying everyone."

"Anni" we all heard athai's voice.

"Why are you crying?" she too concernedly asked after looking at mama's crying state.

"Akilan what happened to your mumma. Why is she crying?" athai asked me.

I nods as no indicating that I don't know.

"Mumma take breath" I says by patting her back.

After few mins Amma looks okay with her breathing.

"Now tell us meera, why was you crying?" appa asked slowly.

"Vasanth, they called off the.... Off... O..."

"Who? And what they called off meera?"

"Bride side, they want to call off this marri...  Marriage.... Our akilan and Sandhiya" Mom says by dropping the bomb on everyone's head.

"What"

"What" everyone shocked.

I don't know what to say, what to do, and how to react.

Why?

Just why?

"What are you saying anni. In two days the marriage was about to happen, why now?. I don't understand." athai says worriedly with a pool of tears forming.

"She that... Girl... Sandhya do.. Don't want this marriage it seems" amma slowly says.

"But why?" appa asked.

"She accepted in first place right?. Then why now she don't want this marriage. They are engaged." grandma shouts.

"She wants someone who is earning more, who is more outspoken, who is working in high profile company, in high profile job." Mom says by hiding her face.

"What the hell it is?. They all know that what our akilan is doing from the start and they accepted for that, but now they are calling off this marriage as if they don't know anything?" grandpa literally shouted.

"I don't know maama, this is all they said and said sorry. That's it." amma replied

"What I will say now?"

" What I will say to our relatives now?. What we are going to do now?. Just in two days the marriage was about to happen. Already every relatives were present, and what we will say to everyone?. " amma asks at everyone.

"Can we go and speak with the...." athai started only to cut off by papa.

"This is life sangeetha, we shouldn't beg them. If that girl is not okay with this marriage means, then it's stopped that's it. We will sort out on how to come out of this problem." appa says by hugging Mumma.

                      ______________

"Akilan" I heard mumma voice from outside. I carelessly stood up from the bed and walked toward the door and opened it.

After opening it, I just walked inside towards the window.

Mumma stood beside me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"Don't worry akilan, this girl is not worth your love." she says by kissing my left arm.

Its been 4 hours after the news.

"No Mumma, maybe am not meant for love." I says at her.

"Akilan, why are being pessimistic?. Everything happens for a good thing akilan. Just think like that"

"Because of me now everyone suffering is maa" I slowly says.

"Akilan you never did any mistake"

"No Mumma, that's not how our society think mumma. " I slowly says at her.

"Shhh, akilan come sleep on my lap" she says by slowly taking me towards the bed and made me to lie on her lap. I immediately hugged her.

"You are very good human being Akilan. Not everyone deserves you akilan, that girl sandhiya is not a right person in your life. We are sorry for what we did to you"

"Mumma why are you asking sorry. Shh, it's not your mistake." I says by grabbing her palm and kissing it.

"I know akilan somewhere you started to like that girl." she says by looking away whereas her tears falled on my face.

That's right.

I don't know what to say, but instead i just closed my eyes.

After few mins, I felt mumma kissing my forehead.

"Right person will arrive at right time Akilan." she says by laying me properly on my bed and walks out.

I just opened my eyes and looked blankly at the ceiling.

I sighed.

'Maybe am not meant for this'

Author's note:

How was the chapter?

Please do comment♥️

Love you all

Love yourself💕