Scene 3

Akilan pov:

Akilan pov:

"You should see this girl picture atleast once, akilan" Mom says by placing the picture on the table.

"Maa, am not interested in the marriage thing at all mom"

"Akilan please, whatever happened is happened. Please come out of the past." Appa tries.

I just stood up from the table without finishing my food.

"Akilan, first have your food. Don't disrespect the food" grandpa calmly says to which I just sit down and started to have my food.

"Her name is Aruna, she finished MBA and currently working as HR in top company." amma says.

"She will reject me" I says while eating.

"No akilan, look at your yourself. You are handsome, you did bachelors in horticulture. And you are a owner of plant Nursery. " Appa says.

"But am 32, and don't earn much according to them as am not working in Big company in big posting. And top of that, once my marraige was cancelled." This time I said.

"Akilan, please don't assume yourself everything. You haven't even met the girl in person. Then why are you speaking like this?"

"Amma when we know the result we shouldn't...."

"Akilan, if your grandma is alive now. Then she wouldn't be happy with your behaviour." grandpa says.

                      -----------------

"Akilan" dad says by sitting beside me.

"Okay, dad I will meet this girl." I says by standing on my feet.

"Thanks akilan. Your mom is worrying lately after seeing your behavior. We know you are not much outspoken person but only with outside person. But now you are not even speaking properly with us too, akilan." Appa says by walking out of the room.

After two days:

"Hi" I heard that girl aruna's voice.

"Hi" I replied to her through phone.

An silence.

"Why your wedding was called off before 2 days of your wedding?" is the first question she asked.

I sighed. I know this is what she will ask. This is the question am hearing from past 8 months from each and  every person I met so far.

"Hello are you there?"

"Yeah am in line. "

"You didn't gave the answer."

"Sh.. She called off the marraige, since am n.. An introvert and.... Am... Not working in big company. So yeah... "