Friends?

"Fine, I'll stay."

Sonic lets out a long sigh, and the orange fox flicks both its tails, happy that its new friend has agreed to stay.

" More will only be for one day. " (Y/n) says watching the blue hedgehog and the fox. She couldn't stay for long, she had to find the black hedgehog, he had the emerald and (y/n) wanted to find out why the emerald was so special to the black hedgehog.

" Are you sure- " Sonic is interrupted by an elbow from Tails. " I mean, I'm glad you stayed. " Sonic says smiling at (m/s). She waves to the hedgehog, I don't understand why the fox elbows the blue hedgehog.

"Well, I'll be at the garage. I have to make some adjustments to the Tornado." (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at Tails.

' Tornado? '

Tails seems to understand (y/n's) thoughts, he smiles at her and says:

" It's the name of my plane. " He waves to (y/n) and leaves through the front door. (Y/n) closes her eyes and deep in her thoughts, How could she find the black hedgehog? Should she tell Sonic and Tails about him? Could she trust them? How many hedgehogs are in this place?!

" So.. " (y/n) opens her eyes and sees Sonic watching her with a big smile.

' Doesn't this hedgehog get tired of talking? '

" Can you tell me how you move so fast? " (Y/n) watches the blue hedgehog, she sighs and closes her eyes. It was already the third time he was asking her about her speed. But she was sure that if she didn't answer the hedgehog's question, he wouldn't give up on finding out the truth. (Y / n) opens her eyes and looks at the hedgehog, from which she is patiently waiting for the answer from (m / s).

"I wouldn't say it's super speed, I just have very advanced speed. And I can only use that super speed if I'm using all four feet on the ground."

" Were you born with this ability?"

" Yes, I discovered it in a field test. "

"Field test?"

" In my tribe, children had to take tests to find out which one would be strong enough to stay in our tribe. "

"And did you make it?"

(Y/n) looks away from Sonic and looks at the ground, not quite sure how to answer that question.

" Not. "

Sonic fell silent after hearing her answer, he wasn't sure if he could ask you about your past. Do you trust him enough to tell him about your past?

Sonic sighs and gets up. (Y/n) watches the hedgehog, I don't understand why he got up from the couch. He turns to her and smiles.

" Your tribe may not have accepted you, but you're not alone anymore. " (Y/n) eyes widen. Why is this hedgehog saying these things?

" We are your friends and we will protect you. " He says heading towards the kitchen, probably going to get another Chili Dog.

"Sonic."

Sonic turns to (y/n), a little surprised that she had called him.

" Why did you save me? " Sonic smiles at (m/s), knowing very well how to answer this question.

" Because that's what a hero does. " He made his way back to the kitchen, leaving (y/n) with his conflicted thoughts. His eyes fixed on the ground in front of him, the feeling strong in his chest. Until a familiar voice is heard.

" We have to PROTECT them.... "

' Oh? Of course not! Let's not get into this mess again. '

" They helped us. "