[41]

It's finally the next day. Saturday. It's the lacrosse game tonight. I really hope Derek allows me to go. I get dressed:

I grab my headphones and walk downstairs

I grab my headphones and walk downstairs. I see Derek training.

"Good morning" I say and he turns around.

"Good morning. Going somewhere?".

"Yeah. For a run. I want my phone" he stares at me and goes over the table and takes it. He walks near me and hands it at me. "Thanks. I won't be late".

"Come meet me at your school at 10 o'clock".

"Why?".

"Just come".

"Alright. Bye, Derek".

"Bye".

I wear my headphones, put music on and start running. It's 9 o'clock so I'll run for 1 hour so I will be able to arrive at school at 10. The run went smoothly. I took back my strength and I'm happy about that. I hear something and turn my music off. I put the headphones on my neck and look around. I see something in the trees and walk there.

"Oh hell no" is again the werecoyote. "You're in my imagination" I stare at it. "My imagination" it starts running towards me so I run away. I arrive at the road but it stops. I stare at it. "What the hell?" it turns around and runs back into the forest.

I look at the time. 9:50. I have to go to the school but I want to follow it. To learn the truth. No. It's in my imagination. I turn around and run at school. At 10 o'clock sharp I arrive. I wait for Derek but I can't see him anywhere. I hear something getting thrown so I concentrate and catch a ball that was about to hit me. I turn around and see Derek with a lacrosse stick to his hand.

"Come from here" I look confused but follow him. We go to the field and he throws me a stick.

"What are we doing here?".

"Isn't your game tonight?".

"Umm yeah".

"We are training".

"But you don't like it when I play lacrosse".

"Yes and I still don't but it helps you with everything so I'm not gonna stop you from doing something that calms you and helps you" I softly smile. "Now. Let's start. Try your back shots. They are not your best".

"Oh shut up".

"Try them" I tried a couple of them but he was right. I'm not good at them. "Told you".

"Shut up, Derek. Let me try a few more".

"As you wish".

We practice for 1 hour at lacrosse in general. After we pack our stuff and walk in his car. He drops me the keys and sits at the passenger seat.

"I guess I'm driving today" I sat in the driver seat. "I have never driven a car before".

"I know. Start the car".

"You're crazy" I chuckle and start the car.

I started driving back home. I can say that Derek wasn't disappointed. He liked how I drove. He was proud. When we arrive I park the car and we both get out of it.

"See? It wasn't that hard".

"Yeah. That's true but I prefer the motor" I throw him the keys. "That doesn't mean that I won't be taking your car".

"Over my dead body".

"Deal".

"Shut up and walk inside".