Two

I decided that I didn't want a beating from Harry, so I went to Rowley's Arcade, already knowing I would stick out like a sore thumb. On the way I called Seth and told him that I wasn't feeling well. I hated lying, but if I was going to a place like Rowley's, I'd better start learning to like it. I walked inside feeling nervous. The place was actually quite barren, with only Harry in there and a waiter wiping tables. I looked over at Harry, who was at a Pac-man game machine cursing at the screen. I took a deep breath and walked up behind him. He stopped for a second, looking over his shoulder at me. He then went back to his game, cursing like a sailor when he lost once again.

"It'd be wise not to sneak up on people like me, baby doll." He said, his hands going crazy at the controls. "Dammit! Move your arse you ball of cheese!" He shouted, kicking the machine. I sneaked a peak and saw Pac-man frozen in place, getting surrounded by the four ghosts and as they fell upon him, in big yellow words were YOU LOSE. "Son of a bitch!" Harry shouted again.

"It's just a game." I said, not wanting to be mean or condescending. I actually kind of wanted to cheer him up.

He glared at me. "You try then."

I shook my head quickly. "I don't really play games-"

"Now."

Against my will, I began playing the game and actually won five rounds. With every round I won, Harry began to look angrier and angrier. It sort of inspired me to keep playing.

I was deep into a round, narrowly avoiding the ghosts when I felt his breath on the back of my neck. I spun around to see that he had put his arms on either side of me, holding onto the machine. I pressed myself deeper into the machine and he smirked at my actions.

From behind me there was the music of me losing, but at the moment I couldn't care less. Harry was a mere few inches away. His eyes were so green, his hair looked so soft, and he basically towered over me. His muscled tattoo covered arms would intimidate the normal person, but I was far too caught up in his eyes to notice or care.

"Looks like you lost, baby doll." He murmured. "That's a shock."

I blushed. "It shouldn't be to you. You call me a loser all the time."

"It's not like I mean it." He said under his breath and my eyes widened.

"Yes you do." I said, and I might have said it a bit meaner than intended because he flinched. "You say it to me every day."

"I don't mean-"

"Yes you do!" I cut him off, not knowing where this sudden confidence was coming from. "You're always beating me up and being mean to me and now you want me to go out with you? I still don't understand why you even care-"

I was cut off by the sound of the music of losing. I turned around to see that he was still playing, his hands moving the controls. Instead of feeling angry I felt like this was normal for Harry.

"That's because you don't." I muttered. "You know Harry, if you're just gonna ignore me then I don't know why I even came. You're the most popular boy in school and I'm just the fag that you bully every day."

He paused. "You said it, I didn't."

"Is everything a joke to you?" I demanded angrily.

He thought for a moment. "Funny things are."

"I doubt there's nothing you care about in a serious manner!"

He cocked his head to the side. "There is one thing."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" I asked, expecting him to struggle with his answer.

His answer was instantaneous. "You."

My eyes drooped down to the ground. "No you don't." I whispered.

His finger slid into the empty belt loop of my jeans and he pulled me closer to him. "Yes...I do."

"Why me?" I asked once more, not getting an answer the first time I had asked.

He sighed, leaning forward to press his forehead against mine. "I don't know, baby doll." He looked up into my eyes, and he looked sad and a bit confused himself. "Are you hungry? They serve food here." His eyes lit up.

I nodded, "Sure. Let's eat."

We sat at a table and stared at the menus awkwardly for about five minutes, sneaking glances at each other from the edge of our menus. After we ordered our drinks, it only took about a couple of minutes for he waiter brought Harry a chocolate milkshake while I just settled for a water. After we ordered our food and the waiter went to give the order to the chef, it was back to an uncomfortable and awkward silence between me and Harry.

"There's, uh, no one here." I noted, fiddling with my fingers. "I thought it would be more crowded."

Harry smirked. "Lemme guess, eighteen motorcycle gangs, fourteen convicted felons, and ten kids looking for adventure in the worst place in town."

I laughed. "Well Rowley's isn't actually a place you go to improve your life. I just thought there would be lots of people here."

"Not on Tuesday." He said. "I don't know why the hell they never come on Tuesday but it's none of my business."

I prepared to laugh when I registered what he said. "Is that why you chose Rowley's?" I demanded, standing up. "Because no one would be here to see you with me? With the gay fag?"

He shrugged. "Sort of."

"You're despicable!" I hissed, storming towards the front door.

A finger hooked itself with one of my belt loops and pulled me back gently into a warm chest. I spun around to push Harry away but he grabbed my wrists and pulled me closer against him.

I struggled against him but it turned out all be in vain. I rolled my eyes and suddenly he forcefully grabbed my chin and made me look at him. I glared at him and he licked his lips, staring at mine.

"Would you mind repeating that for me?" He rasped. "That whole business with rolling your eyes."

"Let go of me, Harry." I murmured. "Obviously you don't give two shites about me."

He laughed dryly. "Name one person who does."

"I can name many." I stood on my tip toes and got in his face, leaning in. "Like my family, and that's all I need."

His grip on my wrists tightened. "Such a cliche thing to say, baby doll. I didn't know you had a family since yours died all of those years ago." Something in his eyes flashed when he said it, something that looked like regret. Who am I fooling? Harry didn't feel regret for anything.

"Let go of me right now." I demanded. "If you're keeping me here against my will then that's kidnapping."

He rolled his eyes. "You're such a nerd."

"And you're such a prick."

His eyes flashed with anger and he let me go, shoving me so hard that I fell, hitting the floor hard. "You wanna leave so bad then GO! Just know that when tomorrow comes around at school, you are really gonna get it."

I scrambled to my feet and ran out of the arcade, hearing Harry let out a scream of frustration.